Goodyear Duratrac VS MTR'S

Here's a video we did of us running Martinez Canyon back when it was still open as well as Jack Handle, Orville's Loop,Axel Alley, Upper Woodpecker and Highway to Hell all in the same day.

Before this trip, GCM 2, the one driving the black 4-door, was still a believer in the MT/R. After the trip - not so much.

Duratracs all the wayyyy. I never had any issues with sidewall weakness on mine. My BFG KM2 did so much worse on trails than my GY DT

Edit: that is not to say that these sidewalls are comparabl to my Nitto Mud Grapplers. NOT equivalent.

mtr vs duratrac

Hi everyone Double T here. Wow thanks for all the info and special thanks to Eddie,Cindy for making those awesome videos.
I"m still doing my research TIRES as it is a chunk of change$ I like the looks of the trail grapplers but not shure about D-driver.
I'm running stock 255 rubis i bought from a buddie when he went up to 35s. The tires are wearing funny and getting noisy.
So I will be, not only buying tires but gears and lockers,also.
Some sugest 315 70 17 is = to 35 12.50 17 . And side wall d, or e, and I dont know how well thease work aired down?
All for now :yup::):)Double T

Hi everyone Double T here. Wow thanks for all the info and special thanks to Eddie,Cindy for making those awesome videos.
I"m still doing my research TIRES as it is a chunk of change$ I like the looks of the trail grapplers but not shure about D-driver.
I'm running stock 255 rubis i bought from a buddie when he went up to 35s. The tires are wearing funny and getting noisy.
So I will be, not only buying tires but gears and lockers,also.
Some sugest 315 70 17 is = to 35 12.50 17 . And side wall d, or e, and I dont know how well thease work aired down?
All for now :yup::):)Double T

So that we're all on the same page, you need to know that an advertised 35x12.50R17 tire will have an actual measurement of about 33" whereas a 315/70R17 tire will give you an actual measurement that is closer to 35". Of course, an advertised 37x12.50/R17 tire will also have an actual measurement of about 35". In other words, you need to determine what it is you really want to run - something like a 2.5" lift that will clear an advertised 35x12.50 tire or something like a 3"-4" lift that will clear an advertised 37" tire. If you're determined to run a metric tire that will clear an advertised 35" tire, what you really want to be looking at is a 285/70R17 or at most, a 305/70R17.

As far as sidewalls go, an Range E tire will have a very strong sidewall but, your daily driving ride quality might be on the firm side. A Range D or Range C will give you a more comfortable ride but, will have a weaker sidewall.

I know it's off topic, and for the record I have seen GCM2 post about Nittos and how he likes them now( BTW I have been running Nittos for a few months and LOVE them!!) BUT.... A question has been on my mind for awhile now. Has GCM2 shit talked Eddie since then? I love that video!!!! I've watched it over and over. Two thumbs up!

Top Bottom