Gobicon

Got an update from Dynatrac last week, axle set is shipping out on the 21st, which puts them at 10 weeks and 2 days!!

Trimmed my front fenders this evening

IMG_4198.jpg

IMG_4202.jpg

IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

Should have a little more clearance now

IMG_4206.jpg

Hopefully I'll have the rears done tomorrow

Those look good.

Is that where you live? If so, is your rig with 40s gonna fit in that garage? I assume you park it there.

Those look good.

Is that where you live? If so, is your rig with 40s gonna fit in that garage? I assume you park it there.

Yes, it fit with the 37s with 5" to spare, I'm hoping that's enough. I mostly use it as storage for my tools and jeep parts as it is not the closest garage to my building, I only park it in there in bad weather or after washing it or when I have the top off.

Your Jeep looks great and I love that color!!

Thanks

Yes, it fit with the 37s with 5" to spare, I'm hoping that's enough. I mostly use it as storage for my tools and jeep parts as it is not the closest garage to my building, I only park it in there in bad weather or after washing it or when I have the top off.

Thanks
Ah. Makes sense.

Stretched the legs of the new jeep yesterday evening

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

Started working on Crawler Concept rock skins

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

I was able to get all the holes drilled and nutserted on the passenger side and test fitted. Tomorrow I'm going to get the drivers side test fitted and then I plan on coating the body with some plastidip this time around instead of siliconing around the skin like I did on the old jeep.

Finished installing the rock skins yesterday

IMG_4224.jpg

Got an email from Dynatrac today, they didn't complete assembly last week so they are hoping to have them shipped by Friday.
Week 11 of 8.

Along with EVO rock sliders, Crawler concept fenders and the Poison Spider Sport cage I also lost my Dynomax Quiet Crawler exhaust (I just had the muffler and resonater installed, not the actual kit) that I had configured to dump before the axle. I had originally installed the Magnaflow Off-road Pro kit and swapped over the Dynomax because magnaflow had an obnoxious drone in the cab when going down the highway and was a bit loud for my taste so I had a muffler shop hack it up and re-use some of the parts to cut in the resonator and muffler from the Dynomax quiet crawler system. Knowing all to well how the stock muffler likes make out with rocks, i needed to find a solution for the '17. I dug up the muffler that came with the Magnaflow Off-road Pro system and took it to the same muffler shop so that I could get it installed. This time though I had the muffler shop rotate the stock resonator so that it would be more flat and kept in series with the magnaflow muffler and had a down turn made to dump before the axle.

IMG_4229.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

IMG_4239.jpg

I think the end result came out pretty darn good! I don't have the obnoxious drone that I had when I just had the magnaflow kit installed on the 2013, and I think it is even quieter in the cab than the dynomax, but it still lets you know that it's there. Being that I already had the muffler laying around it only cost me to get it installed the way I wanted - $110. I will try to get some sound clips of it. I don't know if this install has any negative or positive affects on HP but now I don't need to worry about my tail pipe getting crushed.

Axles are on their way!

i finally received shipping information today for my Dynatrac Hardcore package! They are supposed to arrive on Friday 8/04. Its going to make for a busy weekend!

Top Bottom