Gobicon

Lookin good man [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Thanks

I like it all!

I’ll say i overall i like it all, Unless you do it yourself and know where the small flaws are.

Looks great man!

Yeah i had this guy over in New Braunfels do some work on it, everything came out solid[emoji106]

Nice Isaac, looks solid!

Bubba, i think I’m next on front and rear king air bumps.

DO IT!

So awesome!

Thanks

Cage looks great man. Is that the poison spyder one?

For the shock mounts, is there a different way to solve that problem besides lowering the mounts? Just more likely to get hit, but not sure if there's another solution.

For the shock mounts, is there a different way to solve that problem besides lowering the mounts? Just more likely to get hit, but not sure if there's another solution.

Yes. Cut a hole the tub and run the shocks through the floor, but that’s not really practical.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah it’s the Poison Spyder Trail Cage, i have the C Pillars too, but i need to get them welded in. As for the shock mounts the only other thing would be to raise the top mount, there are synergy brackets that raise it but it would also push them back further, having to push the rear swaybar even further than what the coilover kit pushes it. Right now they are basically sitting as low as what the Rockstar skids that come with the kit would have put them at.

Yeah it’s the Poison Spyder Trail Cage, i have the C Pillars too, but i need to get them welded in. As for the shock mounts the only other thing would be to raise the top mount, there are synergy brackets that raise it but it would also push them back further, having to push the rear swaybar even further than what the coilover kit pushes it. Right now they are basically sitting as low as what the Rockstar skids that come with the kit would have put them at.

Yes. Cut a hole the tub and run the shocks through the floor, but that’s not really practical.

Gotcha. Thanks guys. I was curious where they'd be in relation to Rockstars. Good work Bubba.

Did you weld the windshield tie-ins yourself? Looks like it came out great.
Man, I really like how clean the PS cage looks. Awesome

No, i wish i could weld like that, a friend of mine tig welded them for me, i like the PS so much i had to get it again, it is a pain in the ass to install and get it right but I’ve heard the same thing about other cage installs

What powder coat color did you find that matches Gobi that well. I’ve been trying to find a good match. Also who did you order the color from if you don’t mind me asking?

Build update!
After installing the rear coilovers and running it for a couple of weeks it was clear that i did not have enough up-travel and was bottoming out the shocks w/4” bumpstop extensions installed. I had no preload and was sitting pretty high in the rear, i had/have about 2.5” of preload in the front. It was clear my shock mounts with all of their clearance wasn’t going to work with the coilovers. I let Bubba over at Exodus Jeeps take care of it. He fabbed up some new lower shock mounts that lowered the mount and allowed for some more up travel, it now has about 1.25” of preload. While the Jeep was at Exodus Jeeps i also had some King Air bumps installed, can’t wait to put them to use!

This is what my shock mounts looked like before

View attachment 287145

View attachment 287146

View attachment 287147

These are the mounts Bubba fabricated

Thank you for posting those mounts up! The rig looks awesome!

In the back of my mind, I was thinking the easiest way to get the high mount LA rear mounts to work would be to leave the rock stars in place, cut off the front section of the Rockstar to weld in the control arm mount leaving the shock mount section in the correct position. Then weld in plates to blend the skid front to back. Not sure if that is possible, just how I rationalized it in my head.

Top Bottom