First time

georgi.photo

We all had to start somewhere. What was your first time off reading (in a jeep) Story?

I had just come back from being in Central America for 6 months. During the trip, we took our rental (jeep Cherokee) on a few dirt roads. So I went to the dealership that week, and picked up my JK. Of course, called up a few friends who jeeped and hit a muddy track. I was so nervous. Just hoping I didn't get stuck on my first ride. I had my buddy telling me what gear to put it into, just in case I goofed. The first time my treads flung that mud all over the jeep... I let out the biggest excited scream I could. Funny part is, one of the guys in the other jeep was the one who got stuck. I had to pull him out.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431469695.643181.jpg

Hooked for life.

:thumb:

I had my Jeep about two weeks when I took it to an off road park in Michigan. The other three Jeeps I was with were either modded and/or a Rubi. I was running around all day in the mud with my SRA's and didn't get stuck once, but I was admittedly babying it at first. I got to pull out a JK, lifted with 35's with my stocker and that was very rewarding to me. That guy had just gotten the lift and tires installed by a local shop. Even at my newbie stage I asked if he re-geared. He looked at me like I was stupid for asking. :doh:

Here's one shot I could find from that first outing...

2 weeks old.jpg

Less than 24 hrs after buying took it out to the dirt fully loaded with mom dad and girlfriend now wife. Some side hill action and flexing on a stock sport man I miss that jeep. I need another one.

These were taken approximately 3 hours after buying it. Bought it because well I always wanted a jeep since I used to have a tracker lol(broke days). Plus all the other vehicles in the price range I wanted had double the miles. Biggest disappointment then was no manual or soft top. Now it's the 3.8.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431890536.001237.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431890622.080907.jpg

Got a yj in high school and fell in love took it to my buddy's farm a quickly realized that this was the life. Loved testing the limits of me and the jeep the got a tj and was even more impressed. Now kicking it with the yj still off roading after marriage and kids no end in sight

:thumb:

I had my Jeep about two weeks when I took it to an off road park in Michigan. The other three Jeeps I was with were either modded and/or a Rubi. I was running around all day in the mud with my SRA's and didn't get stuck once, but I was admittedly babying it at first. I got to pull out a JK, lifted with 35's with my stocker and that was very rewarding to me. That guy had just gotten the lift and tires installed by a local shop. Even at my newbie stage I asked if he re-geared. He looked at me like I was stupid for asking. :doh:

Here's one shot I could find from that first outing...

View attachment 143618

Dude. Love The pic.

These were taken approximately 3 hours after buying it. Bought it because well I always wanted a jeep since I used to have a tracker lol(broke days). Plus all the other vehicles in the price range I wanted had double the miles. Biggest disappointment then was no manual or soft top. Now it's the 3.8.

I do like the "water plow mod"! :cheesy:

Yeah I read about hydro locking that night, check my air box and it was filled with mud... Woohoo no hydro lock though.

Top Bottom