Evo Coilover Noise

So I have had my coil overs for a little over a year and I have had a noise that I am not sure if its acceptable or not. When I hit a curb or obstacle with any individual tire it goes over smooth as butter and doesn't make a lot of noise. As soon as I hit something with both front tires I get a loud clank. I have posted some videos (I apologize in advance for the shitty quality). I have never had coil overs before and I have heard they are noisy but I cant even drive down the beach (not even going that fast) or offroad trail without feeling like my front end is getting beat the hell up, people can hear me coming from a mile away. I mean in two of the videos I am going up a tiny curb to my driveway and its banging like that. The backs do it a little bit but barely even enough to notice. I had thought it was the King Bump stops but I took those off to see if that was the culprit but I still had that banging noise. I have taken it to a shop to check my clearances and they said I'm not hitting anything. I have also replaced the King sliders with AGM sliders and that wasn't it. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction or tell me to get used to it. lol

That's not right, my buddy and I both have the Evo long arm coilover kits with the AGM sliders on our JL's and we don't get that noise. They are very quiet on the street, and even when hauling ass in the desert, the only place they are noisy is when going slow and articulating off-road, you can hear popping sounds similar to what you are hearing, in our case I think it just the springs stretching and compressing. I hope you are able to track down the source, that would drive me nuts.

That's not right, my buddy and I both have the Evo long arm coilover kits with the AGM sliders on our JL's and we don't get that noise. They are very quiet on the street, and even when hauling ass in the desert, the only place they are noisy is when going slow and articulating off-road, you can hear popping sounds similar to what you are hearing, in our case I think it just the springs stretching and compressing. I hope you are able to track down the source, that would drive me nuts.
I have a few ideas of what the noise can be and still trying to figure them out one by one. It drives me absolutely nuts to the point I don't even feel like driving it sometimes so I drive my work truck. I will let everyone know when/if I find out.

Curious if you’ve figured out your noise problem. I’m really close to pulling the trigger on C/O’s but want nothing to do with that kind of noise. Your videos might have cured me.

Curious if you’ve figured out your noise problem. I’m really close to pulling the trigger on C/O’s but want nothing to do with that kind of noise. Your videos might have cured me.
Sorry I didn’t post yet because I have fixed the issue but not sure what did it because I fixed multiple things.

1. Setup was wrong. The shop had my shock mounts at different angles and different degrees so it was trying to twist my axel when both wheel s were compressed.

2. Trimmed the shock mount more.

3. Raised the collar seat (not sure if that’s what it’s called) inside the coilovers.

Since I have done all that it’s super quiet and smooth.

Top Bottom