East Coast

I am allllllll the way South so everything will be a drive. Either way, I still think an East coast thing will be a great idea and would be willing to figure out logistics with whoever wants to coordinate.

Would be nice to start somewhere and see if we can do something perhaps twice a year.

Let's just immediately eliminate South Florida including the west coast of Florida since we are just mud pits. Closest real trails seem to be in Ocala and you need to be picky there as well since pinstriping is guaranteed and mud is found in a bunch of trails (from what I have looked into).

So far the comments have mentioned:
  1. Holy Cross - Google comes back with a bunch of schools all over the country so need more info as to where this is.
  2. Rausch Creek - PA
  3. AOAA - PA
  4. Windrock Park - TN
  5. Other Tennessee - I am guessing this is Smokey Mountains park or thereabouts (please correct me to be more specific)
  6. Carolinas - not familiar with any so let me know what suggestions you may have.
  7. Virginia - same as above
Anyone familiar with specific locations, please mention them or send me a PM to start updating a listing for all.

I'd think a full day Saturday and half day Sunday would work or a full day Friday and full day Saturday. Camping one night perhaps but this would likely just be dependent on what everyone can agree on.

I will join an East Coast meetup.

Windrock would be a great location. Plenty of great trails and centrally located.

Raucsh Creek is another great park, but may be a little more logistically challenging for people in the southeast.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but another nice centrally located place would be Black Mountain in KY.

Holy Cross is all the way out in Colorado. Not east coast at all. I'll do a little research but I have heard there are some nice trails in north Georgia also.

I think Rausch creek and AOAA are about ten or twenty minutes from each other so to me they make the most sense but Windrock looks pretty interesting.
@AZVAJKU had mentioned some trails in VA but I think they are all single smaller trails probably better suited for a side trip. There is a newish Off-road park opened south of Harrisonburg called Big Boys playground I plan on checking out soon but I don’t have much info on it yet I think it’s geared more toward dirt bikes. Might be worth a side trip if anyone’s coming up 81. Peter’s Mill run is right around the corner from me. It’s a BOH trail but is kind of anticlimactic imo as it’s basically a poorly maintained forest road I did in 2WD just cause I could.

Thank you for the responses. List update below:
  1. Rausch Creek - PA (more on the technical side)
  2. AOAA - PA
  3. Windrock Park - TN
  4. Other Tennessee - I am guessing this is Smokey Mountains park or thereabouts (please correct me to be more specific)
  5. Carolinas - not familiar with any so let me know what suggestions you may have.
  6. Big Boys - Harrisonburg, Virginia - NPC6060 planning on checking on soon.
  7. Big Dogs Family Offroad LLC - Winchester, VA - link provided above.
  8. Georgia Parks - need details on any.
  9. Black Mountain - KY - quick Google search found BlackMountainoffroad.com
I think we can look at choosing 3 locations (maintain our list active for future trips) and then begin to figure out a solid date.

Launch mentioned Holy Cross being in Colorado so I removed it from the list. Perhaps we can plan a trip out there but it would take much more time from my end to plan out.

Sounds good thanks that’s the one. I know it’s pretty early but if there’s going to be a New Years event might be kinda cool to make that trip.

I'd be down for an East Coast meetup also! Great idea. Has anyone considered Stoney Lonesome? Another decent option IMO but, any location would be awesome.

Has anyone done the Georgia Traverse? I have watched some videos on this. Starting point was on the South Carolina / Georgia boarder and traveling west.

Tore my rotator cuff (partial). Any kind of driving is ahem painful. I’m out of commission for a couple weeks but a trip up to AOAA and Rausch creek in PA in mid October? That or Stoned Lonesome in Tenn? I think there is another place close by as well. There are hotels nearby either place for those of us not into camping.

Tore my rotator cuff (partial). Any kind of driving is ahem painful. I’m out of commission for a couple weeks but a trip up to AOAA and Rausch creek in PA in mid October? That or Stoned Lonesome in Tenn? I think there is another place close by as well. There are hotels nearby either place for those of us not into camping.
Stoney Lonesome? Isn't that in Alabama?

Thank you for the responses. List update below:
  1. Rausch Creek - PA (more on the technical side)
  2. AOAA - PA
  3. Windrock Park - TN
  4. Other Tennessee - I am guessing this is Smokey Mountains park or thereabouts (please correct me to be more specific)
  5. Carolinas - not familiar with any so let me know what suggestions you may have.
  6. Big Boys - Harrisonburg, Virginia - NPC6060 planning on checking on soon.
  7. Big Dogs Family Offroad LLC - Winchester, VA - link provided above.
  8. Georgia Parks - need details on any.
  9. Black Mountain - KY - quick Google search found BlackMountainoffroad.com
I think we can look at choosing 3 locations (maintain our list active for future trips) and then begin to figure out a solid date.

Launch mentioned Holy Cross being in Colorado so I removed it from the list. Perhaps we can plan a trip out there but it would take much more time from my end to plan out.
Ok looking at my handy dandy calendar in Oct we have Columbus Day on Monday the 14 thwe could do a three or four day weekend type thing up at Rausch Creek/ AOAA or there might be bigger crowds because of the holiday weekend and we should do the next weekend. The 19th and 20th. Any thoughts?
@JKrob15 @Launch @mstraw9379 @Breer @WJCO @thats_the_one @OverlanderJK
Then perhaps a trip in the south in November or December? Weather permitting of course.

Last edited:
Top Bottom