Does 3" lift and manual transmission need a front drive shaft?

IF you have a 2-door, you will want to replace the rear shaft as well with 3" of actual lift or more but, you will NEED adjustable rear upper control arms to install it.

Any recommendation on a good brand for rear upper control arms? I'm planning to replace my mopar lift (the stage 3 with fixed extended control arms) with evo parts bit by bit, but I can't find anything for the rear other than their long arms.

Any recommendation on a good brand for rear upper control arms? I'm planning to replace my mopar lift (the stage 3 with fixed extended control arms) with evo parts bit by bit, but I can't find anything for the rear other than their long arms.

Anything with a currie joint.

Evo or currie would be my suggestion

Watch craigslist, I just found Currie rear uppers for $200 last week

Yes. I have run their shafts on multiple Jeeps and they have all been a quality product and with Spicer u-joint standard. Just make sure to get one with replacement yokes and NOT the one with adapters that allow you to bolt it onto your factory flanges.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422329273.878927.jpg
This is the one I bought. Is this correct?

I have a 3 in lift so I'm thinking I need to change my front drive shaft. Are the replacement dshafts the same length as the stock ones or does the length vary with the amount of lift you have?

AnvilJK and I installed the RK 2.5 lift on my unlimited yesterday. We were unable to get the exhaust spacers on before the sun went down, can I drive it without spacers until I can them thrown on? Or will that destroy my boot quickly? Thanks guys.

Top Bottom