DIY Truetrac in rear D44

I have been thinking about getting a TT, or two, in my front and rear. I am already re-geared to 4.56 and curious who has real world experience with them in their JK? The BLD has worked great so far, I don't have many rocks to play in. I have read that they lock up like 60/40, but I know they are not a full selectable locker. Thanks,

I loved mine but I only had one in the rear. I did mine to help improve my ability to crawl in the rocks and improve the BLD's abilities and it worked. My JK did do a better job crawling although like I've said it still was not a locker and had its limits. I would think if you had one in both diffs it would be even better off road. They work the best in a straight line situation, as far as how long or much they stay locked up. That's about all I can give you not sure if it answers your question.

I loved mine but I only had one in the rear. I did mine to help improve my ability to crawl in the rocks and improve the BLD's abilities and it worked. My JK did do a better job crawling although like I've said it still was not a locker and had its limits. I would think if you had one in both diffs it would be even better off road. They work the best in a straight line situation, as far as how long or much they stay locked up. That's about all I can give you not sure if it answers your question.

As long as you don't get a wheel in the air, they supposedly go about 60/40 in torque transfer

This weekend is finally surgery time in my garage. No Truetrac anymore, I'll put in an Ox.

I decided to replace the stock LSD with Ox, rather than Truetrac. TT was my first thought mainly 'cause I'm cheap and TT is cheaper :D However... I decided I want a locker.

How is the Ox locker treating you? My buddy just put one in his TJ and I really like the manual operation of it

How is the Ox locker treating you? My buddy just put one in his TJ and I really like the manual operation of it

I'm very happy with it. I went with the manual shifter and it works great, but I just haven't found a good spot in the JK to install it. There are plenty of spots, but none that I can access easily while driving, or that doesn't interfere with sliding the driver seat all the way forward. I just let the shifter rest on the center console, to the left of the handbrake. The cable is actually so rigid that I can lock/unlock without the shifter being attached to anything.

I might switch to electric at some point, only because it's much easier to find a good spot for a switch. I'm not in a hurry though...

Top Bottom