Denver wheelin this weekend

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Anyone want to go out this weekend? I'm pretty stock so I have to keep it pretty mild, but I'd love to get out in something not too far in the high country that's still accessible. Thoughts?

Thinking about going out Saturday, maybe Slaughterhouse Gulch.

Anyone want to go out this weekend? I'm pretty stock so I have to keep it pretty mild, but I'd love to get out in something not too far in the high country that's still accessible. Thoughts?

Wish I could go with you guys. I am heading out for the kick off run. Keep me posted when you guys want to plan a fun run. They reopened Old Stage Road down here in the springs and there is a fun chunk of a trail system down there.

If you would allow a ZJ to join I would join and I'm pretty stock as well but I think the areas around Lyons don't have tons of snow its saying around 8-12 inch as of this morning. But I would be down to go around boulder Nederland area too.

If you would allow a ZJ to join I would join and I'm pretty stock as well but I think the areas around Lyons don't have tons of snow its saying around 8-12 inch as of this morning. But I would be down to go around boulder Nederland area too.

That sounds great! Have any trails in mind?

That sounds great! Have any trails in mind?

There's always bright trail (forest roads 330.1, 330.2b and 330.2c) which isn't to difficult during the summer but I have a feeling that some of the steep climbs would be much more difficult in the snow and then also 330.2b does get decently gnarly near its end point. Any other suggestions?

I've never run Slaughterhouse Gulch, but some other wheelers I spoke with say it fun in the snow, but there can be a lot of winching. With that being said, I am most likely going to run Illinois Gulch/Missouri Gulch. I have a couple of others that are going to join me on the run.

Here is a link to a trail report in snow. It is not a difficult trail but should be fun in the snow.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/r..._gulch/110115&n=roger_on_the_trail_part_1.jpg

Most likely will meet at the Cabelas in Lone Tree at 8:30 and roll out through Deckers to Hwy 67.

I've never run Slaughterhouse Gulch, but some other wheelers I spoke with say it fun in the snow, but there can be a lot of winching. With that being said, I am most likely going to run Illinois Gulch/Missouri Gulch. I have a couple of others that are going to join me on the run.

Here is a link to a trail report in snow. It is not a difficult trail but should be fun in the snow.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/r..._gulch/110115&n=roger_on_the_trail_part_1.jpg

Most likely will meet at the Cabelas in Lone Tree at 8:30 and roll out through Deckers to Hwy 67.

That sounds good.haven't run those yet. Do you mind if I join in ?

What day would this be on?

Saturday the 3rd. An no problem if you want to join in. Right now there are 3 going plus whoever else wants to come along.

Just to clarify.

Trail: Illinois Gulch (Outside Woodland Park, CO)
Meet: Cabelas I-25 South and Ridgegate, Lone Tree, CO
Time: 8:30 Meet up, depart 8:45
CB Channel: 14

Will do a fuel stop in Sedalia to top off fuel. Hit State HWY 67 to the trailhead.

Bring lunch and drinks, and standard off highway gear.

I'm gonna have to bail out on this one I can tell that the trail couldn't be done by my rig even in the summer so for all that are going have fun and be safe.

Top Bottom