Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

I cant believe I didnt take a single picture today. :doh:

I just got a couple myself. Too busy enjoying the trail I guess. Anita did capture everyone coming off that ledge though. Will get my shit together and send them out once I sort things out.
Side note: interesting how enjoyable this trail is in spite of the devastation of that enormous fire. We are truly addicted.

Crazy, the extreme measures WJCO goes to just to "save on gas". Ha

:cheesy: Indeed. I didn't have to worry about a gas station on the way home, that's for sure. Thank you all for your help and support today. After we got it home, we drove it down to a local transmission shop. It drove perfect once cooled down but my wife was behind me and said she smelled something burning the whole time. So something is definitely up.

I did get a few pictures today.

ddd (10).jpg

ddd (4).jpg

ddd (9).jpg

ddd (8).jpg

ddd (7).jpg

ddd (6).jpg

ddd (5).jpg

ddd (1).jpg

ddd (2).jpg

ddd (3).jpg

:cheesy: Indeed. I didn't have to worry about a gas station on the way home, that's for sure. Thank you all for your help and support today. After we got it home, we drove it down to a local transmission shop. It drove perfect once cooled down but my wife was behind me and said she smelled something burning the whole time. So something is definitely up.

I'm sorry if I missed it but what happened to your trans?

I'm sorry if I missed it but what happened to your trans?

Dont think he knows yet but it wasn’t shifting correctly so he had to get a tow home.

Hopefully the bill wasnt too bad doug!

Don't know yet. But everything was fine on the trails. Then back on pavement, Ben (bigcale) was behind me and said there was some smoke for a short time and then a burning smell. We pulled over and didn't notice anything leaking so we headed to down to the first town. Then after that town is a steep hill to climb and I had no power at all. Didn't feel like the engine, felt like transmission just didn't want to pull. Tow bill wasn't the cheapest but we had the kids with us and had to get home and it seemed like the right thing to do. Back at home with the transmission cooled off, it drove fine around town. When we took it to the shop though, my wife followed and said there was a bad burning smell the whole way.
It's got 155k on it and it is primarily used in the mountains and we carry a lot of stuff. My guess is that it's just worn out and tired. Getting to the trails yesterday was steep on pavement and then all day these trails had a lot of steep hills as well.

Keep it alive Doug. That machine is a beast! Was impressive how you got around in some spots without your locker working. Trail was more tore up since lasted trip there in December.

Don't know yet. But everything was fine on the trails. Then back on pavement, Ben (bigcale) was behind me and said there was some smoke for a short time and then a burning smell. We pulled over and didn't notice anything leaking so we headed to down to the first town. Then after that town is a steep hill to climb and I had no power at all. Didn't feel like the engine, felt like transmission just didn't want to pull. Tow bill wasn't the cheapest but we had the kids with us and had to get home and it seemed like the right thing to do. Back at home with the transmission cooled off, it drove fine around town. When we took it to the shop though, my wife followed and said there was a bad burning smell the whole way.
It's got 155k on it and it is primarily used in the mountains and we carry a lot of stuff. My guess is that it's just worn out and tired. Getting to the trails yesterday was steep on pavement and then all day these trails had a lot of steep hills as well.

Dude that blows! I got AAA plus and I think towing up to 100 is covered. I did it just in case since I got over 140,000 on mine.

Dude that blows! I got AAA plus and I think towing up to 100 is covered. I did it just in case since I got over 140,000 on mine.

I have Metlife and it is similar to that. I don't remember exactly, but they cover something like that.

I did get a few pictures today.

Nice pictures! Looks like you guy had a good time! Sorry to hear about your transmission issues though.

Got the Jeep back today. They never verified the concern. Talking with the tech, I feel he is very competent and spent a decent amount of time on it. After getting it back, I romped on it pretty hard, and it's working just fine. I need to get it up in the hills when hot to really test it and will see if it acts up. He did say that all of my clutch volume indexes were way out of spec and he did a relearn to fix that. It definitely shifts smoother, feels like a completely different vehicle. My guess is that in the mountains on Sunday, it was just too hot. And the shop never verified a burning smell, and I can't smell anything abnormal either :idontknow:

Got the Jeep back today. They never verified the concern. Talking with the tech, I feel he is very competent and spent a decent amount of time on it. After getting it back, I romped on it pretty hard, and it's working just fine. I need to get it up in the hills when hot to really test it and will see if it acts up. He did say that all of my clutch volume indexes were way out of spec and he did a relearn to fix that. It definitely shifts smoother, feels like a completely different vehicle. My guess is that in the mountains on Sunday, it was just too hot. And the shop never verified a burning smell, and I can't smell anything abnormal either :idontknow:
de
Always a bummer when you can't put a finger on something and say for sure you know what caused the problem. Guess the volume index "could" be the issue. I personally don't think heat was the issue since the distance from hitting the highway to Decker's was enough for it to cool down and was downhill all the way. Just my :twocents: Wish I had the answer but you say it drives like a completely different vehicle, so they must be on to something there.

de
Always a bummer when you can't put a finger on something and say for sure you know what caused the problem. Guess the volume index "could" be the issue. I personally don't think heat was the issue since the distance from hitting the highway to Decker's was enough for it to cool down and was downhill all the way. Just my :twocents: Wish I had the answer but you say it drives like a completely different vehicle, so they must be on to something there.

Sure is strange. I'll know more the next time that I take it up the hill.

Top Bottom