Day Trip to the Rubicon - April 4th

Well we ended up coming home also. When we got to the trail head it was snowing so definitely made the right choice.
We had an awesome trip! Thank you to all who came. It was great getting to meet some new people! Our night wheeling Friday was a blast as was our day run. Until next time....

What a great trip!! Did some great nite wheelin Friday nite!! Did soup box at night!! Amazing... Great camp fire and day trip to lil sluice today. Great to make new friends! What a great trip!
Here's a soup bowl vid from today, ( almost put her on her side ) got home few hours ago and thanks!!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428219537.774907.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428219671.162446.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428219783.817687.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428219802.523723.jpg

Just got home and unpacked. Such a great grip! My wife, boys and I had a blast!

Thanks everyone for an awesome time and it was great to meet everyone!

Just a fee snaps from the past two days:

Behind Panda on our way North
1428219434263.jpg

Headed over to the trail head
1428219484010.jpg

Airing down. Figured with hot tires from the trip up, 9ish would be a good place to start. Checked them today and we're sitting right about 6
1428219551587.jpg

Meeting up at the trailhead prior to headed in to pick out a camp spot for the night
1428219577285.jpg

Getting set up for the night
1428219629527.jpg

About to head out on the trail this morning
1428219661809.jpg

The rigs for the day. 12 in total
1428219697961.jpg

Just short of the Little Sluice
1428219732214.jpg

Ricky giving Panda a spot on the Little Sluice
1428219776211.jpg

Now that's what a Slab ring is supposed to look like! 1428219830871.jpg

Back at the trailhead airing up
1428219863149.jpg

Beautiful sunset tonight driving out Ice House Road
1428219916272.jpg

Panda staring down Soup Bowl in the dark.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428249742.566651.jpg.

Panda conquering Soup Bowl
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428249789.447703.jpg.

Mrs. RubiRick conquering Soup Bowl
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428249822.259820.jpg.

Crawler Kitty in Little Sluice
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428249867.393852.jpg.

Who doesn't love rock lights?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428249917.000437.jpg.

Thanks everyone, I had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pics above too!

Well we ended up coming home also. When we got to the trail head it was snowing so definitely made the right choice.
We had an awesome trip! Thank you to all who came. It was great getting to meet some new people! Our night wheeling Friday was a blast as was our day run. Until next time....

Did Jen and Jason stay still?

I am pretty sure I blew out my steering pump... The last 2 miles of Saturday was a tough one. It only seemed to give me power steering at higher idle... I will be looking into it tomorrow.. I will get some pictures up today.

Great pics! Looks like you guys all had a great time!

Don't know the whole story being that I wasn't there but apparently, you guys left a lasting impression on this guy who felt it necessary to post up his grievances on our FB page.

eric-jackson.jpg

Don't know the whole story being that I wasn't there but apparently, you guys left a lasting impression on this guy who felt it necessary to post up his grievances on our FB page.

View attachment 135256

Thanks.

As to the post, don't know what he's talking about? No one ever said anything in person, but the times someone asked us to move in the staging area we obliged and they waved and said hi. Seems this guy could have approached us in person.

Thanks.

As to the post, don't know what he's talking about? No one ever said anything in person, but the times someone asked us to move in the staging area we obliged and they waved and said hi. Seems this guy could have approached us in person.

Oh, I'm with you on this. I already asked the guy if you guys moved once you saw him coming or if he was just looking for a reason to whine on FB. Like I said, I wasn't there and I'm not here to point fingers, just wanted to post this up just in case there was something more to it.

Oh, I'm with you on this. I already asked the guy if you guys moved once you saw him coming or if he was just looking for a reason to whine on FB. Like I said, I wasn't there and I'm not here to point fingers, just wanted to post this up just in case there was something more to it.

I'll wait and see if anyone else had an experience with him, but most on the trail seemed cool with us and we were cognizant of keeping the trail open at all times. I guess haters gonna hate!

It was a great time! Being my first time on the Rubicon, it was great to be with a handful of really knowledgeable folks! I considered it to be great practice for the Rockin Wayalife Rubicon Run this summer!! :thumb:

View attachment 135256

I bet that was the jackass in the green CJ. Kyle knows more about what he yelled as he went by the group, but apparently he wasn't a fan of one of the guys in the group backing up to take another line as we were coming back to camp through the Gatekeeper. I didn't hear him yell personally, but it sure sounded like he wasn't a happy camper. :naw:

I'll wait and see if anyone else had an experience with him, but most on the trail seemed cool with us and we were cognizant of keeping the trail open at all times. I guess haters gonna hate!

I'm actually shocked about this... The only time I saw anyone upset, was two guys that was screaming at one of our guys as they back into a spot at our campsite at the end of the day. I guess he wasn't moving fast enough for him. FYI.. Him and his friend were rather intoxicated. And we were out of the way within a minute.

When we stopped at the bridge to use the restroom. There were at least 4 other group of rigs, not with us that stopped too. That did get a little congested, but all of our rigs were well off the path as many rigs passed right on by.. Don't recall any point and time where we were blocking the trail... Anyone else know?

I'm actually shocked about this... The only time I saw anyone upset, was two guys that was screaming at one of our guys as they back into a spot at our campsite at the end of the day. I guess he wasn't moving fast enough for him. FYI.. Him and his friend were rather intoxicated. And we were out of the way within a minute.

When we stopped at the bridge to use the restroom. There were at least 4 other group of rigs, not with us that stopped too. That did get a little congested, but all of our rigs were well off the path as many rigs passed right on by.. Don't recall any point and time where we were blocking the trail... Anyone else know?

Good point about the bridge backup. Another point of congestion was Soup Bowl, but there were quite a few groups there and I don't think at any point were any of us blocking the trail (Soup Kitchen was always openl. That said, we probably tied up the obstacle for about 30-45min while 6 or so of our group attempted the obstacle.

View attachment 135256

This is not true at all. We were totally respectful of getting out of the trail the whole time. We made sure everyone that was behind us either went around us or was asked if they wanted to. He's just a hater.

Kyle i missed this guy but it's the only plausible explanation. We split up our group so many times to let others through and past us. I think that sometimes you find people who only have fun when they are pissed off and complaining....it must have been the guy you said because everyone else seemed fine.

Kyle i missed this guy but it's the only plausible explanation. We split up our group so many times to let others through and past us. I think that sometimes you find people who only have fun when they are pissed off and complaining....it must have been the guy you said because everyone else seemed fine.

My only other thought was when we pulled over at Little Sluice for lunch. I know that everyone parked near the bypass. That made that area congested... But again plenty of room to use that bypass. Sigh... I don't get it.

Top Bottom