Critter Tread - Trapping

WJCO

Meme King
OK. It's time. What have you caught? What do you want to catch? What struggles? What tips/tricks?

I am still chasing my coyote. I have tried numerous baits lures sets urine. Never ends. The more I watch him on camera though the more I learn. Sadly, I have caught more non-target critters in the coyote traps so I put DPs out to contain them, lol. But it works.

Great thread! I've been catching mice. Been using old school traps and they work well but you can only catch one at a time. Used a Rat Zapper and it works great too but again, you can only catch one at a time. Started using the walk the plank bucket trap and caught a ton of mice! Best trap so far and everything inside our home, shop and basement has been sealed and mouse free for some time now.

Now, we're moving to the outside and trying get squirrels as they are a real pest that dig a lot of holes. However, we're still just catching mice. We set up a Goodnature trap for squirrels and so far, it's been really good at killing mice but that's about it :rolleyes:

Great thread! I've been catching mice. Been using old school traps and they work well but you can only catch one at a time. Used a Rat Zapper and it works great too but again, you can only catch one at a time. Started using the walk the plank bucket trap and caught a ton of mice! Best trap so far and everything inside our home, shop and basement has been sealed and mouse free for some time now.

Now, we're moving to the outside and trying get squirrels as they are a real pest that dig a lot of holes. However, we're still just catching mice. We set up a Goodnature trap for squirrels and so far, it's been really good at killing mice but that's about it :rolleyes:
I was at a family member's home recently with a major mouse problem. We caught about 30 with the Victor glue traps In a week or so. 60 cents a piece. We bought like 50, lol.

1000001192.jpg

I was at a family member's home recently with a major mouse problem. We caught about 30 with the Victor glue traps In a week or so. 60 cents a piece. We bought like 50, lol.

View attachment 408945
Maybe the problem is that your mice don't have enough food. Try putting a pile of food on the other side of your neighbor's house so they will go there instead.

Didn’t trap it, but this made an appearance in the driveway. Kids loved it.

Attachments

• IMG_4519.png
    IMG_4519.png
    613.2 KB · Views: 6
Didn’t trap it, but this made an appearance in the driveway. Kids loved it.
I have not had one in a trap but they've been close. Supposedly the way their legs are, it's really unusual for them to get stuck in a foothold.

Top Bottom