CrippledPetey Build Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the news is in...just like everyone told me Chrysler pulled through and voided my warranty. After telling me twice that "no fault" had been established and it was a matter of fix or replace they flat out did the opposite and denied it. I was told this morning that they would put it back together and I can come pick it up. I've been looking into actually fighting this all morning and feel I may just tip my cap order a 3.6 on eBay and swap it locally. Good news I'll have my jeep in my hands again, bad news...well all of it :cheesy:

Such is life I guess I always had the gut feeling it could happen but I felt (probably like others) that I had a good chance. When you walk the edge of a contact you can fall off at any time.

As always I'm up for any ideas or thoughts on how to proceed from here with Chrysler. I'm not one to not fight if I feel I have just but at a certain point financially it's just a better decision.

Jason, so sorry to hear this. Way to go Chrysler, really a crappy deal! :naw:

Thanks. This wasn't out of the blue though there have been others before and there will be more. I was just hopeful because I had my dealerships backing that it would go different.

Yep, given the work the two dealerships did and yours being supportive I was thinking that you might have a better chance at them stepping up. Well they are nothing if not consistent in refusing warranty on modified JKs.

Yep, given the work the two dealerships did and yours being supportive I was thinking that you might have a better chance at them stepping up. Well they are nothing if not consistent in refusing warranty on modified JKs.

I look at warranties like insurance...they are in the business of collecting premiums not paying claims :yup:

I look at warranties like insurance...they are in the business of collecting premiums not paying claims :yup:

^this. It amazes me how many people lose sight of this fact. Insurance companies are not not-for-profit companies. Their entire business model is based on charging as much as the possibly can, and paying out as little as they can. Yet some people are surprised they have to fight them on claims.

Regardless, sucks you got to pay out of pocket. :grayno:

^this. It amazes me how many people lose sight of this fact. Insurance companies are not not-for-profit companies. Their entire business model is based on charging as much as the possibly can, and paying out as little as they can. Yet some people are surprised they have to fight them on claims.

Regardless, sucks you got to pay out of pocket. :grayno:

Every agent I know has a lot of nice things, big houses, fancy vehicles, etc. Tell me they aren't making money.

Bad news, sorry to hear that Jason. I would fight it if you can. I really doubt it's about them replacing the engine only, but the fact that they would have to give another warranty on new one so I bet they are looking at long term financial obligation having to warrant future use and/or problems. Totally sucks....😭😭😭

Bad news, sorry to hear that Jason. I would fight it if you can. I really doubt it's about them replacing the engine only, but the fact that they would have to give another warranty on new one so I bet they are looking at long term financial obligation having to warrant future use and/or problems. Totally sucks....😭😭😭

We will see what happens...

Sorry to hear about Chrysler denying you. Hope there's a silver lining somewhere in this. It seems like the karma is piling up on CDJR 😁

Curious, maybe you said it and I missed it, did they say exactly why they denied it? Did the intake have a part, or mods, or anything else they cited?

Curious, maybe you said it and I missed it, did they say exactly why they denied it? Did the intake have a part, or mods, or anything else they cited?

They just stated "due to modifications". I was told that "no fault" was already determined and they would be fixing it. When my dealer wanted to replace it Chrysler penalized me for it.

They just stated "due to modifications". I was told that "no fault" was already determined and they would be fixing it. When my dealer wanted to replace it Chrysler penalized me for it.

Isn't that like saying "yup it's our product and it f'ed up, but screw you, you put new windshield wipers on that aren't factory."

Well as most of you know I have been dealing with Chrysler, issues with my motor and trying to figure out what’s next for my Jeep. I haven’t really posted a lot about what’s going on but some of you already know. It looks like I will be getting rid of my Jeep and buying a new 2015 and starting over. Chrysler has agreed to buy back my Jeep but will not allow me to keep any parts off of it.

:bleh: JUST KIDDING!! :bleh:

Actually the first couple sentences are true but I will not be getting rid of my Jeep…not anytime soon and most likely ever. So I have been working on the next evolution. As I continue down the path I will be making some minor changes to the drivetrain over the next few weeks.

First we will be pulling the old 3.6L out and doing a bunch of maintenance to the Jeep. It will get all new heim joints, rebuilt King shocks, pressure washing, fresh paint, and a bunch more.

This will all be done while we wait for the a few parts to show up:

LS3 - 376/480
ls3.jpg

6L80e - 6 Speed
6L80e.jpg

Trail Worthy Fab 3-Speed Transfer Case (1:1, 2.78:1,4.33:1)
hero3.jpg

The next few weeks / months will definitely be exciting, stressful and the anticipation will probably drive me crazy. I would like to thank everyone that offered advice, and leads on parts while I was in limbo. I would also like to thank XJWilson’s on here and Robbie at MoTech for all the help going forward with this swap!

Well as most of you know I have been dealing with Chrysler, issues with my motor and trying to figure out what’s next for my Jeep. I haven’t really posted a lot about what’s going on but some of you already know. It looks like I will be getting rid of my Jeep and buying a new 2015 and starting over. Chrysler has agreed to buy back my Jeep but will not allow me to keep any parts off of it.

:bleh: JUST KIDDING!! :bleh:

Actually the first couple sentences are true but I will not be getting rid of my Jeep…not anytime soon and most likely ever. So I have been working on the next evolution. As I continue down the path I will be making some minor changes to the drivetrain over the next few weeks.

First we will be pulling the old 3.6L out and doing a bunch of maintenance to the Jeep. It will get all new heim joints, rebuilt King shocks, pressure washing, fresh paint, and a bunch more.

This will all be done while we wait for the a few parts to show up:

LS3 - 376/480
View attachment 149639

6L80e - 6 Speed
View attachment 149640

Trail Worthy Fab 3-Speed Transfer Case (1:1, 2.78:1,4.33:1)
View attachment 149641

The next few weeks / months will definitely be exciting, stressful and the anticipation will probably drive me crazy. I would like to thank everyone that offered advice, and leads on parts while I was in limbo. I would also like to thank XJWilson’s on here and Robbie at MoTech for all the help going forward with this swap!

Congrats Jason. I really can't wait for my motor to fail, so I can get an LS. Lol. Can't wait to ride in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom