Colorado- China Wall Snow Run 1-24-15

We live central Colorado Springs... We have about 2-3 inches so far this morning.... Just started tho.

Honestly china wall with a bunch of snow is a blast. Makes the trail softer. I may show up. Been snowing at my house since midnight last night.

I am thinking of running up there tomorrow afternoon to check on rod and trail conditions at the trail head. I will post up later tomorrow night if need be.

Also I am thinking about bringing my little camping gas grill anyone interested in maybe doing some BBQ for lunch??

I might be down for a trail bbq. We have to be back in Denver by 5 so we might have to bail out shortly after lunch, like 2ish.

Ok here is the most recent list. Hopefully i've gotten it all correct, between 3 different club/threads I probably missed someone. I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

The Plan
We will be meeting up in the Rudy’s Parking located at 315 South 31st Street, Colorado Springs, CO. Please be gassed up and ready to roll by 9:00 AM. The plan is to depart at 9:15 AM make our way to trailhead (Hwy 24 to Tarryall). Once at the trailhead we will air down and disconnect. When everyone is ready we will head out wheeling. There are a few obstacles that are optional and can be bypassed. There are a couple of mild that cannot be bypassed. The plan is to be down to China Wall by lunchtime, we will stop to play and have lunch.

What You Need to Know
Please be aware that it will most likely be cold so please pack/dress accordingly. Also, you need to make sure that you bring plenty of water as well as a lunch and snacks for you and everyone in your Jeep. While we "should" be done with this run by sundown, anything can and often does happen out on the trail and you NEED to be prepared for a long night - just in case. You also need to know that there are no bathrooms on this trip. I will be sure to stop periodically in a location where it's more advantageous for the ladies to find cover but that's the best I can offer. Likewise, there are no trash facilities so you need to be sure to pack out what you pack in. Last but not least, it's not a requirement but, if you have a CB, I think you will find this trip to be a LOT more fun. We will use Channel 14 unless otherwise informed.

If you think you can join us or have any questions about this run, please let us know by posting them up on this thread.

Who's Going List (please add to the list)

1. John (Txjkjpr)-Wayalife/CSC4W/CJP/Frontrange4x4
2. Buckeyenative-Frontrange4x4
3. Shep Helix-CSC4W
4. Austin Pugh-CSC4W
5. +1
6. +1
7. Ralph Miller-CSC4W
8. Rmorin222-Wayalife&CSC4W
9. JJT-Wayalife
10. H8ROADS- Wayalife/Frontrange4x4
11. Brandrubs-Frontrange4x4
12. Will Berry-MilitaryJeepers
13. Glen Hoover –CSC4W
14. +1- CSC4W
15. H8ROADS-Wayalife/Frontrange4x4
16. Steve M.-Colorado Jeep People
17. Jason Sellers-CSC4W
18. Kyle Holloway?-CSC4W

Maybe

2. JKUOne-Wayalife
3. +1
4. CastleRockJeep-Waylife
5. Justin04lj-Wayalife

Last edited:
Awe man this is always a fun trip!! Too bad my Jeep is still in the body shop (stupid insurance holding up the process) and my tow rig for the Zuk is down! Hopefully soon I can get out and meet some of you guys on the trail!

Nick

After all the interest I've gotten from this site, I will definitely do a few more runs. Hope to see you on the trial soon.

Who's Going List (please add to the list)

1. John (Txjkjpr)-Wayalife/CSC4W/CJP/Frontrange4x4
2. Shep Helix-CSC4W
3. Austin Pugh-CSC4W
4. Ben Angier-CSC4W
5. Ralph Miller-CSC4W
6. Rmorin222-Wayalife&CSC4W
7. JJT-Wayalife
8. H8ROADS- Wayalife/Frontrange4x4
9. Brandrubs-Frontrange4x4
10. Will Berry-MilitaryJeepers
11. Glen Hoover –CSC4W
12. +1- CSC4W