Cj series

I had an 83 up until a few years ago. It was my DD over 60 miles a day 6 days a week. I miss it all the time!
IMG_0006.jpg

It rode so smooth it almost bucked me out of the seatbelt and onto I 10 more than a few times!

This is one of my favorite builds, the guy did an amazing job. A little bit of CJ Flexi ;)

IMG_20140412_182954_218a_zpscb6abdb3.jpg

So Desert Rose I'm curious how you can make a CJ into a rock crawler? Would you put some kind of independent suspension? Sounds fun.

Well Butch, DahReno and TheStick pretty much showed the best answer with photos... remove the leaf springs and go with coil over shocks & links. So it becomes a choice of keeping the old iron CJ or doing the same with and newer JK. It's just the amount of effort and or dollars you want to put in to it. In todays market, every part and piece on a Jeep is 'upgradeable' or changeable, so any 'built' project just need to start with a frame and a body.

I agree and am thankful for the help and cool pictures. I think my budget will keep me a no flex guy. It would be fun though.
Thanks Desert Rose

Wouldn't some waggy springs get you more flex? Anyone have experience with revolver shackles?

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

My build was a lot cheaper than my JKUR. It's not as quiet or tame, it doesn't have A/C but, it does have 550 h/p, one ton axles hydro steering and brakes and more. It is also much more fun to drive !

My build was a lot cheaper than my JKUR. It's not as quiet or tame, it doesn't have A/C but, it does have 550 h/p, one ton axles hydro steering and brakes and more. It is also much more fun to drive !

It's a cool wagon. I had a 63 with small block Chevy, P/S, turbo 350 tranny. No suspension work though.
Thanks for sharing

Thanks Butch, what happened to your 63 ? I had a 62 for ten years. I had installed a 4.0, aw4, d300, p. steering and brakes. Also installed a d30 front, discs, spring over with 33s. It was a great wagon, it ran like new. I sold it because I couldn't deal with the rust, it was bad. I sold it to a guy who owned a body shop. I would like to see it today !

I'm not sure why I got rid of it actually. The Willy truck and cj2a went for a down payment on a house. Don't remember the stupid reason to get rid of the wagon. :(. Those vehicles were a long time ago.

Top Bottom