Cats!!!

So my rig is currently sitting naked in my apartment complex parking lot. Without the use of a full cover, is there any way to keep these damn cats from hanging out in my rig? I know it's probably impossible but with the hard top stores at a friends, and my doors tucked away in my apartment, it's hard to get it covered up. Anybody have the same issues?

Finally someone who knows what I am going through. Welcome to my f'n world. I -purchased a cover to cover the cab and these SOBs started tearing a hole in it and they still tried to sit on top of the damn thing. The dumb ass neighbors I have fee the cats like idiots so of course they hang out around my place and fight the skunks and possums for the free food. There are a couple of litters of kittens born each spring. I tried to keep the windows out and the cats slept in the Jeep. fur everywhere! That neighbor of mine disquists me. I tried to call animal control but I am expected to pay a deposit for each trap that I get from animal control and then they will come pick up the trap with the cat in it. I hate irresponsible pet owners. The cats are not neutered cause there are a bunch of kittens aroudn that look like them.

I too am looking for a way to keep the gross animals out of my Jeep so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Check the cover on eBay I think they go for 95 bucks

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

I will check on that Sir. Thank you.

Finally someone who knows what I am going through. Welcome to my f'n world. I -purchased a cover to cover the cab and these SOBs started tearing a hole in it and they still tried to sit on top of the damn thing. The dumb ass neighbors I have fee the cats like idiots so of course they hang out around my place and fight the skunks and possums for the free food. There are a couple of litters of kittens born each spring. I tried to keep the windows out and the cats slept in the Jeep. fur everywhere! That neighbor of mine disquists me. I tried to call animal control but I am expected to pay a deposit for each trap that I get from animal control and then they will come pick up the trap with the cat in it. I hate irresponsible pet owners. The cats are not neutered cause there are a bunch of kittens aroudn that look like them.

I too am looking for a way to keep the gross animals out of my Jeep so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

I live in an apartment complex and these cats are feral. The management don't seem to care that cats are running wild and breeding like rabbits. I see how they can serve a purpose because they kill off rodents but geez they freakin stink and shed all over my JK. I will let you know how the tabasco thing works out.

I live in an apartment complex and these cats are feral. The management don't seem to care that cats are running wild and breeding like rabbits. I see how they can serve a purpose because they kill off rodents but geez they freakin stink and shed all over my JK. I will let you know how the tabasco thing works out.

What happen if u go to your rig tomorrow and u see new born cats in your carpet or seats? Lol

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

I am allergic to cats so yeah, the shedding sucks. Weather is starting to get warm in San Diego so it sucks not being able to take off the windows. I hate my commute but driving with the top down makes it bearable. It's a pain trying to putting in the windows every evening or trying to take them out every morning.

Yea, no BB gun... Wanna know how my cats I have seen come into my work with BB gun wounds and have died from it... Tis not fun... Just get a quick top. Tis you best bet. I am ordering one now actually

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah that was an attempt at sarcasm! Considering I live in Australia where it is illegal to have a BB gun, I would try citronella we put it our vege garden to stop the cat going in there and digging holes to c$&p in, it seems to work. You don't even ave to spray it in the car, put it in a spray bottle and just spray it around it on the ground near the car.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app[/QUOTE]

My wife was a vet-tech for 25 years. She always told people that the best cat repellent was citrus. Orange peels work best followed by lemon peels. The citric acid in them will drive them out. After about a week the, the ones that are exposed to the citrus will stop coming around. Put the peels in a bowl and then place them in your Jeep for a week.

The kittens, you'll have to do it again for them.

Have you looked to see if there is a non-profit around that will come trap the cats and neuter them free of charge? Most cities have such a program. They don't keep them and return them to the wild but it does stop the cycle.

My wife was a vet-tech for 25 years. She always told people that the best cat repellent was citrus. Orange peels work best followed by lemon peels. The citric acid in them will drive them out. After about a week the, the ones that are exposed to the citrus will stop coming around. Put the peels in a bowl and then place them in your Jeep for a week.

The kittens, you'll have to do it again for them.

Have you looked to see if there is a non-profit around that will come trap the cats and neuter them free of charge? Most cities have such a program. They don't keep them and return them to the wild but it does stop the cycle.

I'm going straight to the store after work to get oranges and tabasco sauce.

Goto a pet store and buy a couple cans of the motion sensitive compressed air can that are designed for keeping cats off counters. Put on in front seat, and one in rear.. Problem solved.

If that doesn't work get a couple big rat traps!!!!

Last edited:
Goto a pet store and buy a couple cans of the motion sensitive compressed air can that are designed for keeping cats off counters. Put on in front seat, and one in rear.. Problem solved.

If that doesn't work get a couple big rat traps!!!!

The traps work good, at work we recommend them to people trying to trap strays to get neutered and spayed. Just trap it and as lonk as the cat doesn't belong to anyone take it far away and let it go

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom