Calling out Bruiser Conversions!

Well I think the gears are my problem since it was my decision to special order with those gears. So i'm going to have to eat the $$$ to regear.

Do you think 4:56 will be correct with 37's?

I'm pretty sure that Eddie is running 5.38's with his LS swap and 40's. If I were you, I'd at least run 5.13's.

I'm pretty sure that Eddie is running 5.38's with his LS swap and 40's. If I were you, I'd at least run 5.13's.

Tranny plays a big role. Eddie is running a 6l80 trans and in most cases with that power and 5.38s you would probably be way high in the rpms.

:banghead:

Jesus H Christ. I am going to leave this thread now.

I think this whole thread has been one long "what do we think". I honestly don't have anything constructive left to say at this point. The only thing I can I think of is that you should just abandon this thread and let it die out man........

Thought you were leaving? :cheesy::cheesy:

Thought you were leaving? :cheesy::cheesy:[/QUOTE]

You hush! And come get your damn cat - bastard got into my liquor cabinet again....

th.jpg

Tranny plays a big role. Eddie is running a 6l80 trans and in most cases with that power and 5.38s you would probably be way high in the rpms.

Good point. I assumed you were somewhat limited in your transmission options in this type of swap, but maybe not.

Since someone else on the forum is considering a similar upgrade....What the hell ever happened with this nightmare anyways?

Since someone else on the forum is considering a similar upgrade....What the hell ever happened with this nightmare anyways?

Well I got to finally pick up my Jeep last weekend... They claimed my new swap would take 2 weeks and it ended up taking 6 weeks. When I was there I was presented a bill for $5,000, they were just supposed to put ram assist on my Jeep but then decided that my suspension was "screwed up" and had to add a few hours of labor to "fix" that.

Well here's where it gets interesting...

Since I have gotten the Jeep back I have found that my left front lower control arm is 1/4" longer than the right one, both rear lower control arm bolts were extremely loose, my front driveshaft needs to be shortened, and my rear differential is dripping fluid. So they charged me to "fix" things I knew were not broken, but they just screwed it up.

The actual engine actually works very well as of now, I have to give them that. And I kinda have to blame myself a little for letting them have it back after everything, but I wanted an engine that I could actually service myself and easily get parts for.

Well I got to finally pick up my Jeep last weekend... They claimed my new swap would take 2 weeks and it ended up taking 6 weeks. When I was there I was presented a bill for $5,000, they were just supposed to put ram assist on my Jeep but then decided that my suspension was "screwed up" and had to add a few hours of labor to "fix" that.

Well here's where it gets interesting...

Since I have gotten the Jeep back I have found that my left front lower control arm is 1/4" longer than the right one, both rear lower control arm bolts were extremely loose, my front driveshaft needs to be shortened, and my rear differential is dripping fluid. So they charged me to "fix" things I knew were not broken, but they just screwed it up.

The actual engine actually works very well as of now, I have to give them that. And I kinda have to blame myself a little for letting them have it back after everything, but I wanted an engine that I could actually service myself and easily get parts for.

This is the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing multiple times and expecting different results.

This is the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing multiple times and expecting different results.

It was a better option then dropping a ton of money on the diesel it had to get it fixed. Originally, they told me they would put the LS in "Completely Free", which I knew to an extent was not true, but I think they knew I had them to an extent and they had to do something.

Last edited:
they fucked you over again. Big time.

And you just keep repeating the same things over and over again to justify to yourself why you're still going with it. Like a woman that repeatedly gets hit and sent to hospital by her drunk husband, "but he's such a nice guy when he's not drunk".

And where's your "doublechecking everything" and "making perfectly clear what has to be done" when in the end you pay 5k for work that you didn't commission? And their work still is not okay - more than not okay, it's just garbage. They fucked up your control arms, a work so easy any normal semi-lucid DIY mechanic could do it. What do you think how they executed the work that's actually demanding? I wouldn't want to drive that car, either because of the constant fear of breaking down, or just out of constant fear they screwed up at some safety relevant work.

And you keep throwing money at it. There's a saying here, actually two - one is: "you could run down a bull with his stupidity" and the other is: "throwing good money after bad".

I wish you'd take at least some of the advice all those good people here give you.

they fucked you over again. Big time.

And you just keep repeating the same things over and over again to justify to yourself why you're still going with it. Like a woman that repeatedly gets hit and sent to hospital by her drunk husband, "but he's such a nice guy when he's not drunk".

And where's your "doublechecking everything" and "making perfectly clear what has to be done" when in the end you pay 5k for work that you didn't commission? And their work still is not okay - more than not okay, it's just garbage. They fucked up your control arms, a work so easy any normal semi-lucid DIY mechanic could do it. What do you think how they executed the work that's actually demanding? I wouldn't want to drive that car, either because of the constant fear of breaking down, or just out of constant fear they screwed up at some safety relevant work.

And you keep throwing money at it. There's a saying here, actually two - one is: "you could run down a bull with his stupidity" and the other is: "throwing good money after bad".

I wish you'd take at least some of the advice all those good people here give you.

I'm just glad that I'm out of there, done with them, I don't have to rely on them to fix the Jeep anymore, I have a common engine that is easy to find parts for and work on, which that Cummins was not.

It was a better option then dropping a ton of money on the diesel it had to get it fixed. Originally, they told me they would put the LS in "Completely Free", which I knew to an extent was not true, but I think they knew I had them to an extent and they had to do something.

I'm amazed you gave them more money when it still wasn't right. I would have thought after your past experience with them that you would have at least held off on the $5k until you were happy with the job

Top Bottom