Building rock sliders, 2 door pic request (so that I can rip off EVO)

Thanks WayAlife Family!!!!!

I appreciate the Heads up on this thread.
While I am at a loss for words on how to respond to this publicly, I feel This matter will be best if I hand it over for Litigation privately .

Thank you for all the Great support ,while Reading these pages of rip off EVO tech it was rewarding to see Our EVO fans support .
Thank you All
Mel Wade

While I am at a loss for words on how to respond to this publicly, I feel This matter will be best if I hand it over for Litigation privately .

Thank you for all the Great support ,while Reading these pages of rip off EVO tech it was rewarding to see Our EVO fans support .
Thank you All
Mel Wade

Don't worried we have your back!
( no homo) lol

Some shops or should i say businesses are so stupid for them to post a 100% copy of original manufacturers design on this forum.... yes we all know most sliders will have some sort of similar fitments tubes and so on... but damn pulling off the exact copy/looks with name swap is just something.. especially to post the copy on where EVO them self is very active on here also.. I understand if you're starting to learn to FAB your own.. yes you can get some ideas of products that are "known" and get inspired to make something creative.... and i am totally cool with that but..

Shame on Copycat and SHAME ON who thinks it is ok to copy 100% of the item and call it their own.

we need to start a thread and post up shops that SELLS 100% copy of any known manufactures and call it theirs. This isn't just for EVO but with other companies too..

Last edited:

Thank you All
Mel Wade

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

While this may be true, theft is still theft! Ripping off someone else's intellectual property is theft. SHAME on the scum bags who try and even more on any consumer who supports such shit it the name of saving a buck or two....

Remember this, you get what you pay for! Period.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Thank you All
Mel Wade

No! Thank you for "evolutionizing" the off road industry with awesome product, and being who you are!

Proud to support you! I will let you all know if I ever start seeing AOD products around the Montreal area.

Wow, what a thread

Just finished reading this, started off a little interested in seeing what he was shooting for and it was like a train wreck that I couldn't stop watching.

It was a prime example of not knowing when to stop so that is the end of him on the forum.

Personally, I just ordered my front bumper and rear tire carrier as I don't have time to even think about building something and EVO has a great product that I felt no problem paying for and giving my support.

Just a new guy's thoughts.

Mel Wade-
Thank you for all you have done for this sport, hobby, lifestyle we enjoy as Jeepers and off road enthusiasts.
I want to tell you I am sorry I made a copy of your rear fascia panel and posted pictures of my homemade panel on this forum. My intent was to give others ideas on what they could do with their evo fascia panel.
I like to build my own parts, but I am not trying to sell what I build.
Thank your your time,
Paul

so all i can really say is WOW! I will be sure and share this thread with a couple of my friends in fullerton...

the world is a crazy crazy place...

Any chance ORE will produce more items for the TJ line of wranglers, it seems most go the love goes to the JK guys? We old school Jeepers need love too

Ya know, I got to thinking about this more and it occurred to me that the name Holeshot rang a bell. Looking back through my old messages, I found the following PM I got from him back on 12/21/2012...

So in other words, this whole time you were just pretending to be just some regular member looking to make his own rocker guards and to save some money while all along, you were purposefully looking for help to RIP OFF EVO so that you could make their rocker guards and sell them in Canada. It really is no wonder why you got so defensive over all this. You my friend are SHAMELESS.

Eddie, great research! Call them out when you find them out. I didn't really care if this dude was making a single use, personal use rock slider that looked a lot like the EVO - looks are deceiving, and you get what you pay for, BUT to find out the ultimate goal was to produce for sale a cheap copy of a superior product made by an honest company??? F that shit! Wrong! Wrong!! Wrong! Good bye and good riddance. Good call Eddie.

What this thread brings to mind is this. A lot of us get accused for coming down on folks in this forum. I'm guilty of jumping on holeshot early in the thread. Several others were with me and his reaction only fueled the fire.

We came down on this guy strong and fast. But instincts proved right. We've become good at spotting these asshats and helping police and rid our own forum of trash.

Way to go fellow Wayalifers. And to Eddie, Drew and Mel, know we're all keeping a look out for ya. 👍

- Jason

What this thread brings to mind is this. A lot of us get accused for coming down on folks in this forum. I'm guilty of jumping on holeshot early in the thread. Several others were with me and his reaction only fueled the fire.

We came down on this guy strong and fast. But instincts proved right. We've become good at spotting these asshats and helping police and rid our own forum of trash.

Way to go fellow Wayalifers. And to Eddie, Drew and Mel, know we're all keeping a look out for ya. 

- Jason

you always come down hard on me :thinking: naw just kidding man you guys do a great job :thumb:

I apparently didn't read the entire thread. My bad on that one. I did not see that the guy was looking for information to copy Evo for his own financial gain.
In that respect I obviously do not condone his actions.
If he had been some young guy maybe starting out in a metal fab career or hobbyist, and was simply looking for some ideas for sliders built for his own rig alone. I'm not cool with someone directly copying a design. True inspiration is one thing. A rip off is a rip off period.
So again, I want to make it clear that after now realizing his intent. I absolutely do not condone those actions and I hope that he is shut down.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

What an IDIOT!!!!! I'm wondering if it would be worth it or not to ask him on his FB page about the similarity of his products to other products already on the market. I would also like to ask him where he gets his creative design ideas. Would it be against the forum rules to attach a link to this thread to the FB post to let the rest of the Jeep world what this guy is up to. Whats to keep him from joining another forum and asking for the same info about EVO or any other brand for that fact?

I think this guy is a total DBAG and needs to be stopped but if you guys DO NOT think this is a good idea and it should be dropped and left alone then I totally understand. I am new to the forum and only want to help if needed but do not want to make waves either!

Wow...I am not sure how I missed this thread blow up. I figured when he first posted he was going to copy the EVO slider, things were going to get bad for him...lol

Top Bottom