Broken brake hard line

Spazbyt

Hooked
I was installing stainless brake lines and managed to twist the rear passenger hard line enough to brake it.
I'm having trouble finding a OEM replacement. Should I buy some hard line and splice a piece in or remove the entire run and make a new one?

It's hard to tell. The line runs along the frame rail then it looks like it crosses over the top of the gas tank. I wonder if that's going to be a total pita to replace?
this is correct, but if the brake line is where you have enough flex in the line where you can cut the broken section off clean (tube cutter, slow and easy so it does not crush the end too much), put a double flare on it, and use a double flare union to connect the repair line to it.

You can buy pre-made double flared section (they come in different lengths) of brake like to carefully bend and replace the broken section to your repaired end.

Should be able to rent a flaring kit from auto part store. make sure it's for double flaring - also be sure to put your fittings on first and facing the proper direction before flaring, I used painters' tape to hold them out of the way...vs taking them off because they kept sliding onto the flare tube annoying me 🤪

this is correct, but if the brake line is where you have enough flex in the line where you can cut the broken section off clean (tube cutter, slow and easy so it does not crush the end too much), put a double flare on it, and use a double flare union to connect the repair line to it.

You can buy pre-made double flared section (they come in different lengths) of brake like to carefully bend and replace the broken section to your repaired end.

Should be able to rent a flaring kit from auto part store. make sure it's for double flaring - also be sure to put your fittings on first and facing the proper direction before flaring, I used painters' tape to hold them out of the way...vs taking them off because they kept sliding onto the flare tube annoying me 🤪
This is good info! I have a old flare tool that I have never used. I'll make sure it does double flares.

Top Bottom