Backspacing for 37s on PR60/80

Road manners are actually good. I’m running the PSC big bore as well.

My biggest gripe regarding drivability is the nag1 trans with the hemi, but that’s another topic all together.

I like the 40s and wide stance on MOAB trails but I started thinking about what I would prefer on Colorado trails and I think a better turning radius would be beneficial even if it sacrifices ground clearance. I think it’d also be nice to have another set of wheels that aren’t beadlocks for road trips.

The 37s really came down to scrub radius, I figured that could be a benefit. Also 37s on regular wheels are just generally easier to deal with if I have a flat on the highway. Not to mention cheaper and thus two sets of wheels and tires would preserve tread on the 40s for the trails where I actually need it.

Road manners are actually good. I’m running the PSC big bore as well.

My biggest gripe regarding drivability is the nag1 trans with the hemi, but that’s another topic all together.

I like the 40s and wide stance on MOAB trails but I started thinking about what I would prefer on Colorado trails and I think a better turning radius would be beneficial even if it sacrifices ground clearance. I think it’d also be nice to have another set of wheels that aren’t beadlocks for road trips.

The 37s really came down to scrub radius, I figured that could be a benefit. Also 37s on regular wheels are just generally easier to deal with if I have a flat on the highway. Not to mention cheaper and thus two sets of wheels and tires would preserve tread on the 40s for the trails where I actually need it.
Perhaps a solution is to move to at least a 20" wheel and a 12.5" wide 40" tire. Look for a narrow AT tire which is still 40" in diameter. This could be good for those fire roads and road trips. Such setups are usually used for "bling" jeeps.

It can get hot at times, esp because the nag1 can’t ever really find the right gear to be in at all times. If I manually bump the gear up while climbing it doesn’t do too bad temp wise.
If I was you I’d move to a camero fan for WAY more cooling and a 8hp70 tranny. The tranny will give you a higher gear for traveling. I run 5.38’s with a 6.4 and 8 speed and it’s perfect in my opinion. It easily cruises at 85 down the freeway while still being in the green rpm meter on the gauge. Your MPG will go up also

Top Bottom