Automatic Emergency Braking!

knotbob

I have had this auto emergency braking "flashing red BRAKE" happen a few times now when the Jeep doesn't thinking I'm stopping aggressively enough in traffic. Can this be disabled?
I am not opposed to safety features but this is going to get me rear ended in traffic.
Does it disable itself off road at lower speeds? In 4WD?
I can imagine the brakes coming on hard when I hit the gas in a mud hole if it 'sees" the water/mud.

It's in your UConnect Settings, for Forward Collision Warning:

I bought my Wrangler from dealer inventory so it came with what the dealer ordered. It's a Sport S and it does have Adaptive Cruise Control and I think the Forward Collision Warning is part of it.

I bought my Wrangler from dealer inventory so it came with what the dealer ordered. It's a Sport S and it does have Adaptive Cruise Control and I think the Forward Collision Warning is part of it.
Is it activating with ABS? I know on other cars if I activated the ABS system in hard braking the dash brake light would flash. Is that possibly what you’re experiencing here? I’ve never done a hard enough stop in my Gladiator to activate it so I don’t know if it flashes it or not.

I am able to disable mine in the settings. Unfortunately, a little yellow light now shows on the instrument cluster indicating it is not operational.

Well, I found it in the big screen under settings and it can be turned off. Jeep calls it FCW for forward collision warning!
My Wrangler Sport S does have adaptive cruise control and the radar sensors must be used for the FCW too.
Tech is good until it isn't.

Top Bottom