Arizona or Nevada?

Both are great areas with lots of outdoor activities to take in. Unemployment in Carson City is about 10.5% While in Flagstaff about 7.8%. So your ability to get work is easier in AZ. Flagstaff you have about a 2 hour drive to get to the closest real city Phoenix. Carson City is about 30 min from Reno (if you consider it a city). If I could choose I would pick Carson City just for its proximity to Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada Mountains.....Then again Grand Canyon and the wonders of Southern Utah are just a short ways away from Flagstaff:thinking: Now Im not sure

Thnx for the heads up. My biggest worry is I am an at&t store manager and I would be looking to transfer to a store but coverage decreases in those areas over on West Coast haha

^^Lol! Yeah, I guess it's only a "city" if the crime rate is so high that people walking down the street get killed for their iPads.

NV may not have a State income tax but we make it up in other ways. I pay around $450 a year to register my JK and 8.1% sales tax.

I just got my registration for the JK, $150. Sales tax is 7.75% here in the North.

According to Bankrate.com's cost of living(COL) calculator, there is a 6.05% COL decrease when comparing living in Reno to Vegas. As MTG and Sharkey mentioned/implied, perhaps the problem is Vegas.

Spoken like someone who has either never been or spent too much time in that shit hole of a place called Vegas. ;)

I have been to Reno many times and it's a wonderful place, but it's not a large metropolis and that is what i was inferring. Vegas is a perfectly positioned city as the places within a few hours drive surrounding it are truly amazing.:twocents:

Last edited:
Last edited:
When did this become the 2nd amendment thread? Lol. I didn't realize Vegas was safer than Reno, who's the shithole now? New Vegas slogan, "We aren't as bad as Reno".

When did this become the 2nd amendment thread? Lol. I didn't realize Vegas was safer than Reno, who's the shithole now? New Vegas slogan, "We aren't as bad as Reno".

LOL! I think you read the statistics backwards. :cheesy: Me and MTG are just poken fun at LV...it's all good though, we still have love for our brethren to the south.

LOL! I think you read the statistics backwards. :cheesy: Me and MTG are just poken fun at LV...it's all good though, we still have love for our brethren to the south.

Whoa, damn, I did get those backwards. Well, Vegas isn't know for math skills either. It's probably less dangerous in Vegas when MTG isn't visiting though. He looks all shady with his leg tat.

Whoa, damn, I did get those backwards. Well, Vegas isn't know for math skills either. It's probably less dangerous in Vegas when MTG isn't visiting though. He looks all shady with his leg tat.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I lived in Arizona for over 35 Years. Lived in Flag, nice place but don't like to shovel snow so i moved to Scottsdale. Opened a refrigeration business and haven't left since. Three months out of the year are kinda hot. The remanding is total awesome IMO also a better job opportunity in the valley. Thats my two cents worth.

Last edited:
I lived in Arizona for over 35 Years. Lived in Flag, nice place but don't like to shovel snow so i moved to Scottsdale. Opened a refrigeration business and haven't left since. Three months out of the year are kinda hot. The remanding is total awesome IMO. Thats my two cents worth.
Uggggg I cant wait to get another CJ

Top Bottom