Anyone into electric dirt bikes?

Just picked this bad boy up to go back and fourth to work which is just down a 3 mile dirt road. Anyone else ride? I’m not into the all electric thing but this thing is actually ALOT of fun to ride around!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2877.jpeg
    IMG_2877.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 22
Had to look this up - looks pretty fun! Says on the site that it's "speed & power limited"
How's that work?

Had to look this up - looks pretty fun! Says on the site that it's "speed & power limited"
How's that work?
When I got it it was limited to 25 MPH. All you have to do it cut 1 wire and the limiter is removed and it goes 55. It’s super fast! If it doesn’t go over 25 I think it’s still considered a bike.

Just picked this bad boy up to go back and fourth to work which is just down a 3 mile dirt road. Anyone else ride? I’m not into the all electric thing but this thing is actually ALOT of fun to ride around!!!
looks like it would be fun and usable around a campground area

A local beach city here actually banned them because kids are riding around like biker gangs and terrorizing the neighborhood. Lol
I thought California would be fine with them since they’re electric? Would they prefer the kids on gas powered ones?

I thought California would be fine with them since they’re electric? Would they prefer the kids on gas powered ones?
Thats exactly what I said!

I found an article on it... they didn't actually "Ban" them... but the cops are cracking down hard.

"Bicycles cannot ride on sidewalks or pedestrian-only roads (called “walk streets”), in plazas, on grass areas and lawns, on the Strand, at the Civic Center, at the library, or in parking lots and structures owned by the city, county or state."

I ride real dirt bikes whenever I can, and can see how something like this would be fun. I can’t ever see myself owning one though given they’re not allowed on MTB trails/parks nor are they street legal. If I had a tiny commute to work maybe, but I still think even at that point a real motorcycle is more fun - those Surrons and Talarias are insanely pricey too, way more than many used street legal bikes.

Thats exactly what I said!

I found an article on it... they didn't actually "Ban" them... but the cops are cracking down hard.

"Bicycles cannot ride on sidewalks or pedestrian-only roads (called “walk streets”), in plazas, on grass areas and lawns, on the Strand, at the Civic Center, at the library, or in parking lots and structures owned by the city, county or state."

I actually agree with the new ordinances!

I ride real dirt bikes whenever I can, and can see how something like this would be fun. I can’t ever see myself owning one though given they’re not allowed on MTB trails/parks nor are they street legal. If I had a tiny commute to work maybe, but I still think even at that point a real motorcycle is more fun - those Surrons and Talarias are insanely pricey too, way more than many used street legal bikes.
It used to be that rural/greater San Diego was very dirt-bike friendly. Lots of trails in the hills near the neighborhoods which were used by dirt-biked (and jeeps!). Many of my friends had dirt-bikes. That is all changed now given that everything is covered by houses!

It’s actually a lot of fun to ride. It rips also. Where I live we can ride them without an issue down the road. I’d definitely buy it again. It’s really surprising how fast it is. It will beat MOST dirt bikes to 40 MPH without an issue.

Top Bottom