Amp'd Up JKU Sport Build

Even with an impact, I had to start the seat bolts loose with a breaker bar. Glad you got them done.

I love it when a plan works out! Got everything in place temporarily to make sure things all line up and it will work out great.

IMG_7871.jpg

And here's the basket in place.

IMG_7874.jpg

I ended up reusing 85% of the original bracket kit with some modifications. I'll just cut the down tubes and drill new holes. The front underside holes will work to anchor the basket but I'll have to drill some new holes for the rear.

I have about 19.5" oh height underneath which will be perfect in case I ever get an ARB fridge [emoji6]

Slight issue with the rear mount. The basket has embedded nuts to anchor the basket to the tubes. I could drill through the plastic and stick some bolts through but I'd rather use those embedded nuts so it's going to require some trimming of the side rollbar brackets included with the kit. Not a big deal and the Dremel will make it an easy job.

IMG_7875.jpg

Downtube's cut, drilled and installed. I put some wing nuts on the horizontal bar bolts for easy removal.

IMG_7876.jpg

IMG_7877.jpg

Here, I've notched out the rear horizontal support brackets so I can drill new holes in the tube for the bolts that anchor the basket.

IMG_7878.jpg

I'll do some touch-up paint work after I test fit everything. Dremel got away from me a couple times. [emoji15]

Project complete and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out! Very solid and I think it will be a great addition.

I have one last change to make and that is to get some thumb screws for the underside tube mounts. Then I can remove the entire thing without any tools. [emoji106]

Bestop, if you want to take my design and start selling a 4-door version feel free to contact me and we'll work out a fair agreement.

IMG_7880.jpg

IMG_7881.jpg

IMG_7882.jpg

IMG_7883.jpg

Oh, and while I was working back there I figured out a great way to carry my CB antenna when I'm not using it. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best!!

IMG_7879.jpg

Picked up a Rubi sway bar today. Manual links are bollocks! Such a pain in the ass to try to get the Jeep level to get the second side in.

I'm going to order an EVO No Limits manual knob this week and be done with it.

IMG_7977.jpg

Awesome dude!! Just need a ProRock and a Rubi transfer case and you'll be good to go!![emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah! Unfortunately those are high $$$ items and will have to wait a while. Wheels and sliders are high on the list after I get the c-gussets done. Really rolling the [emoji456] doing trails like Mottino and John Bull!

Yeah! Unfortunately those are high $$$ items and will have to wait a while. Wheels and sliders are high on the list after I get the c-gussets done. Really rolling the [emoji456] doing trails like Mottino and John Bull!

Yea, but you're a natural at wheeling. Making the rest of us look like noobs sometimes! [emoji6]

Yea, but you're a natural at wheeling. Making the rest of us look like noobs sometimes! [emoji6]

I guess I've found my calling! I'm hooked dude, and I love going out for the day with our group! It's good that I have to be conscious of my setup or I might try to do the crazy stuff Mr. @dillard09 does. I still have plenty of learning to do.

So I go out to the Jeep Sunday morning to run to good ole Harbor Freight, but when I turn the key she didn't want to start! [emoji848] The night before I used my compressor to tip off my tires, but it started fine right after. Strange, but it's the original battery and a little over three years old so it's probably time for a new one.

Then yesterday morning it started right up and I went to work. On my way home I had a gut feeling I better stop at 4wheelparts and pick up a new battery.

For the low price of $249 I got the Odyssey 34R-PC1500T that many people recommend. I have an ARB fridge coming soon so I was going to need something heavy duty anyway.

IMG_8020.jpg

Before dinner my wife had to run out so she moved my Jeep - again it started fine. After dinner I go out to pull it into the garage and it's dead again! Damn good thing I picked up the new battery!

IMG_8021.jpg

After a quick 5 minute install she's all happy again, and I'll be able to get to work. [emoji106]

So I go out to the Jeep Sunday morning to run to good ole Harbor Freight, but when I turn the key she didn't want to start! [emoji848] The night before I used my compressor to tip off my tires, but it started fine right after. Strange, but it's the original battery and a little over three years old so it's probably time for a new one.

Then yesterday morning it started right up and I went to work. On my way home I had a gut feeling I better stop at 4wheelparts and pick up a new battery.

For the low price of $249 I got the Odyssey 34R-PC1500T that many people recommend. I have an ARB fridge coming soon so I was going to need something heavy duty anyway.

View attachment 267589

Before dinner my wife had to run out so she moved my Jeep - again it started fine. After dinner I go out to pull it into the garage and it's dead again! Damn good thing I picked up the new battery!

View attachment 267590

After a quick 5 minute install she's all happy again, and I'll be able to get to work. [emoji106]

Maybe a dead / dying battery. Maybe a loose battery clamp. Regardless, you have a solution.

The Dana 30 is going to the gym Saturday and finally getting C-Gussets!

Did some prep work last night by removing my shock relocation brackets. I'll have to notch them once the gussets are in. I also got out the wire wheels and cleaned off most of the paint on the axle. I can't wait for some peace of mind on the next wheeling trip!

Front LCA skids were supposed to be going on too but of course UPS let me down and now they won't be here until Monday [emoji21]

IMG_8031.jpg

Top Bottom