A TJ called The Lion

Started prepping front axel today. Got the old spring perches off and cleaned up. Got axel almost ready for truss. Was about to get everything ready to tack in place and realized I need to wait for the ram mount to come before we can really go much farther, atlesst for now.
I have most everything I need to get the axels under my jeep. Waiting on a few things to arrive and I need to order Psc hydro ram and the ram mount. Placed order today for Genright front CA mounts. Hate to put a time frame on anything the way shipping is right now but im hoping to have the tons on and back in action in about a months time. Maybe less if it goes well and parts show up in timely manner. 20210226_111223.jpg20210226_120442.jpg20210226_143517.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Its not bad for my first day working in the shop in a few weeks. Getting that drivers side perch requires a bit of attention. The ram mount is going to require some special attention as well.
Beast's are what Matt produces quite well.

Nice progress, going to be really cool to see it all come together. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks. Its not moving as fast as I would hope but lining up funds and time can be a challenge. Right now any move forward is good. Honestly we don't have more than 2 or 3 days of solid work to have it wrapped up. Just need all the pieces here.

Initially im just getting them in and going. This fall will see a spool in the rear. Arb locker up front. 5:38 gears.

Gotcha. I mean.... you’ve got a welder.... you can lock the rear now if you want.... 🤣

Hopefully this heat wave of 35* sticks around and everyone can get back to work on the toys.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Gotcha. I mean.... you’ve got a welder.... you can lock the rear now if you want.... [emoji1787]

Hopefully this heat wave of 35* sticks around and everyone can get back to work on the toys.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
I'm not above welding that rear. I dont think I'm gonna break that sterling drive shaft. IF I did manage to break it that just means upgraded shafts. [emoji1]
We did weld the old dana 35 that I took out. Made it much more fun for about half the year.

Made some progress on the Sterling.
Really it wasn't alot if work. Getting this thing trussed. Side sections needed some cut and trim but the center section fit like a glove. Gonna replace calipers, get some new pads. Different diff cover. Eventually, I would like to have it shaved. I will be doing a re gear and spool in the near future. 20210301_110456.jpg20210301_110528.jpg20210301_131752.jpgIMG957461.jpgIMG957460.jpg

Some news on progress. Yesterday afternoon my jeep was loaded on the trailer and sent to Matt's surgery room.

Ordered the hydro mount and high steer arms for front axel. Still need to place the order for the hydro ram.
The work to do this round:
Finish the long arm and stretch on front end
1 ton axels front and back.
Profender shock in front to match rear.
Hi line fenders.
Add full hydro steer system.
Rocker guards.
Change front bumper.
Pretty sure thats about all I can afford to do right now. I have a set of used 40s lined up just waiting on that guys 42s to come. Really looking forward to getting this accomplished . Its time for The Lion to roar.

Top Bottom