69 Commando RestoMod Build

Nice build!!

Any more info on that F100?

Its a 53 Ford F100 - full frame off restoration-mod, has a C-6, 400, 4-link rear, independent front 5 inch front drop, 7 inch rear, disc brakes at all 4 corners, hauls ass and corners like it is on rails. Built for my father. Right now we are considering a drive train change - thinking a crate 302 and another automatic. If that doesn't go through fuel injection is definitely on the table.

Its a 53 Ford F100 - full frame off restoration-mod, has a C-6, 400, 4-link rear, independent front 5 inch front drop, 7 inch rear, disc brakes at all 4 corners, hauls ass and corners like it is on rails. Built for my father. Right now we are considering a drive train change - thinking a crate 302 and another automatic. If that doesn't go through fuel injection is definitely on the table.

Nice.
Motor change? It's a 53. Shove a flatty back in it. lol

Effie's are my favorite truck. Have had a few, wish I kept one or two.
My last '55 (54 grille) here with an sbc in it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464235553.045331.jpg.
Would love to have another one.

Kinda like your Comando. Making me wish I still had one.

Loved our little '68.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464235828.912167.jpg.

Totally digging what your doing/done on your build with it.

Nice.
Motor change? It's a 53. Shove a flatty back in it. lol

Effie's are my favorite truck. Have had a few, wish I kept one or two.
My last '55 (54 grille) here with an sbc in it.
View attachment 205139.
Would love to have another one.

Kinda like your Comando. Making me wish I still had one.

Loved our little '68.
View attachment 205140.

Totally digging what your doing/done on your build with it.

Negative on the "Flatty" - ghost rider - the suspension is too trick for that. Plus its a driver - and maintenance on the 400 is wearing me out. I cannot imagine what a Flathead would be like.

Its sweet - however, I've seriously considered putting a LS into it.

I love your commando! I do have one other regret, that is not sticking with the commando hood and grill.

Negative on the "Flatty" - ghost rider - the suspension is too trick for that. Plus its a driver - and maintenance on the 400 is wearing me out. I cannot imagine what a Flathead would be like.

I hear you. I was joking cause you mentioned fuel injection and all the other work you've done. Be like going completely backwards.

I should have some updates on the Commando in a few weeks. I've been ironing out some bugs in the electronic control module.

That was an epic posting session...your YJ-Commando-stein turned out great...definitely a head turner...

Top Bottom