40's and overall rig height

"EVO D ring frame cap mounts". :cheesy:

You F'ers notice everything. I helped my buddy do his Poison spyder cage a few weeks ago. Wasn't bad and I'll knock it out Ina few weeks after I refill the crater in my bank account. Armor is mindless wrench turning and doesn't cost a whole lot either...in fact its so cheap, I might go ahead and add it. The rear fascia parts you're calling out keep peace in the household. This way I don't show up back at home bumperless and with exposed frame rails. The Mrs just doesnt get the point of what Im doing. She thinks the Jeep is fine the way it is and I dont need a reason to irritate the situation further.

That being said all this shit might make it into the build after my mind adjusts to accept the build figure that I still find mind boggling. I notice that my build got to this level via the "death by a thousand paper cuts" method. "Add this" its only a few hundred followed by "add that" its just a thousand more followed by another "might as well do that while its already there" item....until I look at the estimate and its a whole lot of items that make up a "holeee- sheit" number. Y'all could say "whats another papercut?". Right now the sensible part of my mind would rather have another papercut down the road.

Last edited:
You F'ers notice everything. I helped my buddy do his Poison spyder cage a few weeks ago. Wasn't bad and I'll knock it out Ina few weeks after I refill the crater in my bank account. Armor is mindless wrench turning and doesn't cost a whole lot either...in fact its so cheap, I might go ahead and add it. The rear fascia parts you're calling out keep peace in the household. This way I don't show up back at home bumperless and with exposed frame rails. The Mrs just doesnt get the point of what Im doing. She thinks the Jeep is fine the way it is and I dont need a reason to irritate the situation further.

That being said all this shit might make it into the build after my mind adjusts to accept the build figure that I still find mind boggling. I notice that my build got to this level via the "death by a thousand paper cuts" method. "Add this" its only a few hundred followed by "add that" its just a thousand more followed by another "might as well do that while its already there" item....until I look at the estimate and its a whole lot of items that make up a "holeee- sheit" number. Y'all could say "whats another papercut?". Right now the sensible part of my mind would rather have another papercut down the road.

You could just go EVO Enforcer. :idontknow:

I say that only partially joking as it's not the same class as DTD. But, I was similarly in the boat of adding this/that/the other. It adds up quick at any level of build. At some point, you do have to draw the line. But if you're going to wheel hard enough to warrant the DTD, then you should think safety above all else.

:cheesy::cheesy:If there is one thing we are good at...it is spending other people's money.:thumb:

You could just go EVO Enforcer. :idontknow:

I say that only partially joking as it's not the same class as DTD. But, I was similarly in the boat of adding this/that/the other. It adds up quick at any level of build. At some point, you do have to draw the line. But if you're going to wheel hard enough to warrant the DTD, then you should think safety above all else.

I agree 100%. My immediate goal is to get as much done as possible while the Jeep is in SoCal. If you buy the DTD, you have to buy the axles you ultimately want. If you buy the axles that you ultimately want, you have wheels and tires in this case that become mandatory (8 lug), steering that becomes essential so it snowballs quickly. Could I shit can the tire carrier so I could install a roll cage? Sure, but I would prefer doing a rollcage anyday myself to the nutsert hell that I have experienced helping friends do fenders and rocker armor. That being said, this build has literally grown to 2x the cost of what was originally budgeted. I feel blessed to be able to complete a build at this level and have ever intention of finishing the remaining parts as quickly as possible. There is no intent to permanently delay a roll cage or other essentials, but I want to keep the total under the max of what I have already spent to date and what will hit the books in July and August while its at EVO. I imagine that the rolllcage and armor will follow in late August and I'll add the LS7, LSA, or LS9 in December/January. I am already consulting my engine folks on the hotrod side of my life to see what magic they can pull in that arena, but thats been put on temporary hold so that this can be done right the first time.

Last edited:
:cheesy::cheesy:If there is one thing we are good at...it is spending other people's money.:thumb:

Y'all are better than "good at"...y'all are the Master Dalai Llama Ayatollaha's of spending other people's money. ORE should cut y'all a commission check. :doh:

Last edited:
No cage? :thinking:

No cage or armor. I'll add that myself when the Jeep gets home. Just got most of the labor intensive parts out of the way. I can do simple bolt ons.

I agree 100%. My immediate goal is to get as much done as possible while the Jeep is in SoCal. If you buy the DTD, you have to buy the axles you ultimately want. If you buy the axles that you ultimately want, you have wheels and tires in this case that become mandatory (8 lug), steering that becomes essential so it snowballs quickly. Could I shit can the tire carrier so I could install a roll cage? Sure, but I would prefer doing a rollcage anyday myself to the nutsert hell that I have experienced helping friends do fenders and rocker armor. That being said, this build has literally grown to 2x the cost of what was originally budgeted. I feel blessed to be able to complete a build at this level and have ever intention of finishing the remaining parts as quickly as possible. There is no intent to permanently delay a roll cage or other essentials, but I want to keep the total under the max of what I have already spent to date and what will hit the books in July and August while its at EVO. I imagine that the rolllcage and armor will follow in late August and I'll add the LS7, LSA, or LS9 in December/January. I am already consulting my engine folks on the hotrod side of my life to see what magic they can pull in that arena, but thats been put on temporary hold so that this can be done right the first time.

When I wrote that I meant full cage. Sorry, but if you are going DTD and a V8 you'd be well served to get a full cage. :thumb:

When I wrote that I meant full cage. Sorry, but if you are going DTD and a V8 you'd be well served to get a full cage. :thumb:

I'm not sold on the desire for a full cage and the loss of the sound bar, etc that goes with that. Goes back to the fine line between dedicated trail rig and something still streetable. Are most of the rigs built at this level running full cages? I was under the impression that most are using some version of sport cage

Last edited:
:cheesy: I feel for you..i have my parts/price list laid out with axles, 37's etc...etc.. and LS6.0 swap and damn thing keeps creeping up!!
somehow the beginning justification of getting more power with an LS swap will be cheaper than a new rig just went out the window..
now I'm thinking I should just buy another Jeep, mod it like the one I have now and keep it in Utah to use when I'm there..just fly between states
then get LS envy again and do it twice :icon_crazy:

Top Bottom