35" tires on stock rims

redpatchjeff

Anyone running 35" tires on stock sahara 18" rims? Curious to see how it looks.

I know it's not ideal, but I found a good deal on some nitto trail grapplers - it would just cut into my wheel budget. and I have no place to store a set of tires - that's what I get for living in the city! :grayno:

Why do you think its not ideal? Many on here do it. Wheel spacers are the key to happiness

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would not recommend sticking with 18's as they offer no real advantage over 17's and they will cost more in wheels and in tires.

However, I do run the stock 17's with 35's. I have 1.75" spidertrax wheel spacers and the setup works great. The only disadvantage is you need to remove the entire wheel to check and make sure the spacers are tight. But if you use red locktite and retorque them ever 4 oil changes or so you will have no problems.

As for how it looks

flex 92113.jpg
makekphappy.jpg
yellowjacket.JPG

That last one is more a picture of Rocco than my Jeep but you get the idea :yup:

Why do you think its not ideal? Many on here do it. Wheel spacers are the key to happiness

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

well for one, it's an 18" stock rim - so it's not as wide as I'd like. I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I'm just trying to get an idea of how the chrome 18" sahara rim would look with a 35x12.5r18 on it until I can get my proper rims. :beer:

Which Sahara rims btw? The new ones or the old ones?

The stock rims arn't too narrow. A rim that size will actually help you keep a bead better. The widest wheel recommended for a 12.5 wide tire is 8 I beleive

I think they would look and perform fine, I do agree tho that 18s are not ideal mainly due to price. All you would need tho is spacers which can always be found for a good deal.

If I were you, I'd look for a dirt cheap or free set of 17" rubi rims off a 07-12 that someone is looking to just get rid of and get 35's in a size 17. Itll save you money now, and save you a ton more in the long run. Like mentioned 18's are hard to find a variety of tires in and they are always more expensive, sometimes a lot more! :twocents:

Which Sahara rims btw? The new ones or the old ones?

The stock rims arn't too narrow. A rim that size will actually help you keep a bead better. The widest wheel recommended for a 12.5 wide tire is 8 I beleive

True true.

Thanks for the opinions. I might wait it out. do it proper the first time, right?

I guess my urge to wheel is trying to take over my common sense ;)

Thanks for the opinions. I might wait it out. do it proper the first time, right?

I guess my urge to wheel is trying to take over my common sense ;)

You can wheel that sahara just fine. Just disconnect the front end and air down ;)

Sent from my phone?

Is that a photo of your rig as it sits now? If so, seems like you will have more to worry about with 35s than what rim....looks stock. You'll have some pretty good rubbing issues.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

Yes, that is how it sits now. But I am also getting ready to pull the trigger on my lift - so that's not an issue.

Wheel that Jeep man! I did mine stock!!!! its amazing what these things can do stock

Oh, I have no doubt about the capabilities of it stock!

The downside of living in the city of Chicago is that my next wheeling trip isn't until February.

The upside of living in the city is that it gives me time to lift and do all that stuff before my next wheeling trip.

It's a vicious circle - haha

The sahara tires are big enough to get out there and have fun with it especially in a 2 door.

Sent from my phone?

Top Bottom