2015 WAYALIFE Pilgrimage to the Promised Land MEGA THREAD

Crazy. It truly is a wayalife.

Oh there is so much more lol. Between the tow truck breaking down, arguing with them about how far it was from Blanding to Grand Junc, having to get two rental cars because I wasn't allowed to leave grand junc in the first one they gave me, it goes on LOL

I'm far from being a very good mechanic, but it sounds strange that ALL of those sensors went bad at the same time... Unless an underlying electrical issue caused it? Hope they can get it sorted out soon.

Ya that's what the service manager and I were talking about. Between a few "hmmm" things like that and burning oil I have a one of those feelings that there is more. All I can do is wait and offer assistance when they need.

Well here is where I'm at...

What is known:
They have ran a few electrical tests and have determined that both cam shaft sensors (which we figured one was bad) are faulty. As well my crankshaft sensor is bad and at least one of my coils is bad too.

They had one sensor in stock but had to special order the others from Denver. They said the likelihood of them showing up early tomorrow or even at all tomorrow were slim. They said once they had all the sensors replaced and my electrical system checked out they would move to mechanical.

Unknown:
They have no clue if there is any damage in the cylinders, heads, bent rod, barrings, etc. They are extremely concerned due to the fact I've had my head gasket and heads checked prior. When it first started it sounded like a slight knock but later in the day it wasn't there (never stayed consistent with rpm).

Now:
So since they were at least a day but most likely two or three before they knew anything I chose to hop a flight and head home and wait in the comfort of my own Casa.

Thanks again to everyone who offered rides, places to stay, even vehicles to drive in Moab!!

Even though this sucks just look at the bright side...screw the bright side I want my jeep back :cheesy:

Sorry to hear that Jason. Hopefully they get you moving soon!

Are they covering it under the 100k powertrain warranty?

What is known:
They have ran a few electrical tests and have determined that both cam shaft sensors (which we figured one was bad) are faulty. As well my crankshaft sensor is bad and at least one of my coils is bad too.

They had one sensor in stock but had to special order the others from Denver. They said the likelihood of them showing up early tomorrow or even at all tomorrow were slim. They said once they had all the sensors replaced and my electrical system checked out they would move to mechanical.

Unknown:
They have no clue if there is any damage in the cylinders, heads, bent rod, barrings, etc. They are extremely concerned due to the fact I've had my head gasket and heads checked prior. When it first started it sounded like a slight knock but later in the day it wasn't there (never stayed consistent with rpm).

Now:
So since they were at least a day but most likely two or three before they knew anything I chose to hop a flight and head home and wait in the comfort of my own Casa.

Thanks again to everyone who offered rides, places to stay, even vehicles to drive in Moab!!

Even though this sucks just look at the bright side...screw the bright side I want my jeep back :cheesy:

Oh man.... I hope they can get it worked out.

Ya that's what the service manager and I were talking about. Between a few "hmmm" things like that and burning oil I have a one of those feelings that there is more. All I can do is wait and offer assistance when they need.

Sucks man, but the way it sounded soon as you pulled off the highway has me worried. I'm surprised they don't pull the oil pan and look.

We are going to miss you petey. Not sure if you've heard about Moby's problems but the hits keep on coming. Take care

What is known:

Unknown:

Now:

Hey, sorry just getting caught up. Do you need a ride back home? Just let me know and I'll come pick you up. :idontknow:

That sucks man, hopefully it's fixed soon. :thumb:

Hey Jason, I'm glad you made it back home and hope everything comes together with your rig. It was really nice meeting you and your Dad. Wish you were here with us!

Top Bottom