2014 Jeep JK Wrangler to See Minor Changes

I bought my JK too early lol I love the Anvil color so maybe the JKU I'll inevitably end up getting down the road will be Anvil :p I too am curious to what their idea of a Rubicon X will be (unless that's their abbreviation for 10th Anniversary edition?).

I bought my JK too early lol I love the Anvil color so maybe the JKU I'll inevitably end up getting down the road will be Anvil :p I too am curious to what their idea of a Rubicon X will be (unless that's their abbreviation for 10th Anniversary edition?).

10th anniv. Is out now this would be the 11th year.. They used to produce an x but quit??

10th anniv. Is out now this would be the 11th year.. They used to produce an x but quit??

Yeah I was Just Spit ballin. The Sport X's were a step up from the Sport so I'd imagine the Rubicon X would be a step up from a Rubicon (which is nuts IMO, how else could you make it better without doing climate controlled interiors, fancy leather options, yada yada yada...BS stuff that no Wrangler should really need). Unless the Rubicon X is going to be their Diesel Rubicon since they've announced that they're going to start putting the diesels in Wranglers soon?

Yeah I was Just Spit ballin. The Sport X's were a step up from the Sport so I'd imagine the Rubicon X would be a step up from a Rubicon (which is nuts IMO, how else could you make it better without doing climate controlled interiors, fancy leather options, yada yada yada...BS stuff that no Wrangler should really need). Unless the Rubicon X is going to be their Diesel Rubicon since they've announced that they're going to start putting the diesels in Wranglers soon?

Itd be badass if we could get the cummins in our jk's without doin a ton of overhauling

Too soon for this to be the diesel. That's not coming out officially until the 2016 redesign, although my gut tells me they'll 'accidentally' sell a few 2015 JK's with a diesel to start driving up the hype before the new model release. In the days of the TJ, the X was the stripped out edition that barely came with tires. My guess is a Rubicon X will give you lockers, D44's, 4:1 T-case and that's it. Everything else is gonna be stripped out b/c that will be the model the Jeep boffins expect you to mod. Steel wheels w/ skinny tires, bare or no bumpers, basic soft top only... that sort of thing. :twocents:

Too soon for this to be the diesel. That's not coming out officially until the 2016 redesign, although my gut tells me they'll 'accidentally' sell a few 2015 JK's with a diesel to start driving up the hype before the new model release. In the days of the TJ, the X was the stripped out edition that barely came with tires. My guess is a Rubicon X will give you lockers, D44's, 4:1 T-case and that's it. Everything else is gonna be stripped out b/c that will be the model the Jeep boffins expect you to mod. Steel wheels w/ skinny tires, bare or no bumpers, basic soft top only... that sort of thing. :twocents:

This is true. Guess we'll have to see huh? Haha It'll probably still have the shittyplastic bumpers but the steel wheels/tires fits and everything else too. If they do that I'd hope it'd be significantly cheaper but you know Jeep :rolleyes2:

My local dealer had a very much "basic" 2Dr Rubicon when I bought mine. Soft top, half doors, 6 speed and the nicer stereo for 28K...I have no idea why I didn't buy it. :doh:

Article says Rubicon X and Freedom Edition return. To me that means the X isn't something new so I'm going with it meaning the 10th anniversary edition.

Bought off the lot or ordered? Either way, congrats! :thumb:

I bought it off the lot right after they received a shipment. Traded in an '08 black Sahara Unlimited. Wanted a color you don't see everyday.

20130730_131927copy.jpg

Last edited:
who do you talk to about ordering a jeep? Is there a specific office or just go to the nearest dealship?

who do you talk to about ordering a jeep? Is there a specific office or just go to the nearest dealship?

Any Jeep dealership should be able to take an order for a Wrangler. Just give them the specs and put a $1000 deposit to get it going. I'd ask some friends in your area about a good dealership with regards to pricing and Wrangler knowledge.

Any Jeep dealership should be able to take an order for a Wrangler. Just give them the specs and put a $1000 deposit to get it going. I'd ask some friends in your area about a good dealership with regards to pricing and Wrangler knowledge.

ah ok thanks we have a few here but their not that great might have to run to Houston.

ah ok thanks we have a few here but their not that great might have to run to Houston.

Go to any dealership and build one to your exact specs. Then negotiate to or below the FFP price. They CAN do that price, its just a matter of negotiating and being able to walk away. If its a big dealership, they will call you on the phone later to make the sale.

I'll second the finding a knowledgable dealer!!! I ordered a rescue green rubi 6 speed with leather and no navigation and was delivered a commando green with cloth and navigation. I was excited so dealt with it but spending that much you should get what you expect.

Top Bottom