2012 JK Caught In Rain TOPLESS!!!

Bloody Stitches

After a long day of working on the road I returned to the work parking lot to pools of water in the cab of my JK. It is what it is I start scooping out all the water I could, then went home and hit the floor with a shop vac. Well the after math unfortunately I lost function from my turn signal, and wiper switch arms. Also all my buttons on the steering wheel were inoperative, and I have a nice air bag light on now. I mad attempts to use a hair dyer and sort of force hot air into the steering column. Then I let it sit over night in the garage. This morning I got back function of the turn signal, and wiper switches. Still no steering wheel controls, and that air bag light is still on. Anyone have experience with this issue before? I appreciate anyone's 2 cents in advance. Thanks!

After a long day of working on the road I returned to the work parking lot to pools of water in the cab of my JK. It is what it is I start scooping out all the water I could, then went home and hit the floor with a shop vac. Well the after math unfortunately I lost function from my turn signal, and wiper switch arms. Also all my buttons on the steering wheel were inoperative, and I have a nice air bag light on now. I mad attempts to use a hair dyer and sort of force hot air into the steering column. Then I let it sit over night in the garage. This morning I got back function of the turn signal, and wiper switches. Still no steering wheel controls, and that air bag light is still on. Anyone have experience with this issue before? I appreciate anyone's 2 cents in advance. Thanks!

Instead of "scooping" the water out, just pull back the carpet and pull the body drain plugs, there are quite a few of them. As for the steering wheel controls and air bag light, there is a recall out for the clock spring. Also might be worth it if you pick up a cab cover for the times it does rain.

Yup my research has been showing a lot of issues are leading to that clock spring.

Thanks for the info on the drain plugs. I knew they existed but in the moment just went for the scooping option. I gotta pull back the carpet and familiarize myself with them.

Anyone care to add how "water resistant" the Wranglers interior is exactly???

Also I'm not sure how to reply to everyone's post or tag their post. I have read all of your responses and appreciate the input. Thank.

I have had mine caught a couple's times now in the pouring rain and never had an issue yet. Next time you can pull the drain plugs instead of scooping out the water just FYI. Also it does sound like a clock spring issue

I feel it's pretty water resistant. I've been caught in the rain with all 3 JKS and have never had issues like that. My 2014 JKU ended up leaking so bad, I put BedTred in and just left the drain plugs out. That way it never retained any water in the floorboards. I have literally had so much rain in my 2013 that the cup holders filled up with rain. That time I thought the radio was going to be toast, but again, not a single issue.

This was from just two days ago.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468518695.790638.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468518710.648551.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468518726.154984.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468518738.642563.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468518751.347466.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468518764.822905.jpg

We drove it around in the rain with the doors off, left it in the rain for a few hours, and drove it around in the rain well into the night. No issues. Sucks your having these issues, I hope everything sorts out.

Top Bottom