2007 JK Rubicon 2 door (LOTS of goodies) - Over $10,000 Recently invested!

If your truly not here to just sell your stuff then hang around. Be a contributing member of the forum.

The people of the forum don't like it when people just come to sell their shit. If you hang around you will see it happens almost daily. It's bullshit really.

There's been a lot of stuff sold at great prices from one contributing member to another. We just don't like when people treat this place like craigslist. Go to those other forums for that.

If your truly not here to just sell your stuff then hang around. Be a contributing member of the forum.

The people of the forum don't like it when people just come to sell their shit. If you hang around you will see it happens almost daily. It's bullshit really.

There's been a lot of stuff sold at great prices from one contributing member to another. We just don't like when people treat this place like craigslist. Go to those other forums for that.

I fully agree. It was just careless timing. nothing more. Selling my jeep is not at all why I'm here, but while I am here looking at different setups and opinions, and since I do need to sell my current rig to start my next one... and "hey I'll bet they have a for sale section!"... what I thought was a convenient way to show what I had to people who might know what they are looking at, turned out to be a poorly timed breach of etiquette. Either way, while it sucks to be accosted as soon as I walk in a door, I don't cave to bullies, so yes I will be here for a while, and do my research ant try to make friends and offer advice when I can. I can post my ad anywhere else.

Anyway.. I think I'm done here. I've said my piece, defended my motives, and I'm off to read some builds. Hopefully people will get me eventually and lower their weapons. LOL! ...Great First Day!!! :D

Nobody is being a bully or chest puffing. It's just that we protect and honor our own and the forum as a whole, including those that make this place tick.

We see it all the time. Weekly in fact where folks come here only to sell stuff or just sign up to win a contest. Then the sale goes sideways or sell a stereo as a Nav unit when in fact it was just am/fm tuner. Fuck that. We buy and sell stuff all the time from each other, but we've learned to call out the others/trolls.

Stick around long enough and you'll see. You'll also learn a lot and maybe make a couple friends. Perhaps unknowingly, you sort of stepped into this one.

I fully agree. It was just careless timing. nothing more. Selling my jeep is not at all why I'm here, but while I am here looking at different setups and opinions, and since I do need to sell my current rig to start my next one... and "hey I'll bet they have a for sale section!"... what I thought was a convenient way to show what I had to people who might know what they are looking at, turned out to be a poorly timed breach of etiquette. Either way, while it sucks to be accosted as soon as I walk in a door, I don't cave to bullies, so yes I will be here for a while, and do my research ant try to make friends and offer advice when I can. I can post my ad anywhere else.

Anyway.. I think I'm done here. I've said my piece, defended my motives, and I'm off to read some builds. Hopefully people will get me eventually and lower their weapons. LOL! ...Great First Day!!! :D

Look on the bright side. You had a post count of 2 this morning. It's gone up exponentially in just one day!

Nobody is being a bully or chest puffing. It's just that we protect and honor our own and the forum as a whole, including those that make this place tick.

We see it all the time. Weekly in fact where folks come here only to sell stuff or just sign up to win a contest. Then the sale goes sideways or sell a stereo as a Nav unit when in fact it was just am/fm tuner. Fuck that. We buy and sell stuff all the time from each other, but we've learned to call out the others/trolls.

Stick around long enough and you'll see. You'll also learn a lot and maybe make a couple friends. Perhaps unknowingly, you sort of stepped into this one.

I totally understand. I've seen more than my share of douchebags and shady fucks just like that in my time too. Maybe not as often as you might see here, but I know they are out there. I'm not one of them. The irony in all this though is those same people you describe are exactly the types of craigslist and ebay buyers I want to avoid and the reason I thought it would be a good thing to put it out there first to like minded people who KNEW what I was showing them. That way I could answer knowledgeable questions with answers that wouldn't need explaining like I was talking to a five year old. My rig is old for a JK, but its in good shape overall and I just wanted to show it to anyone who might be looking for a turn key Trail rig and would be able to know what they were looking at reading my parts list and seeing my pictures. I come in peace fellas!

I dont know your situation but another option might be to strip anything that will work on a four door off of your two door and then trade the two door in on a four door. That way you already have parts to put on the new one.

I dont know your situation but another option might be to strip anything that will work on a four door off of your two door and then trade the two door in on a four door. That way you already have parts to put on the new one.

I don't know why more people don't do that. I would.

Top Bottom