1985 CJ-8 Scrambler Restoration

Man the restoration is probably the most detailed I’ve seen in a long time! Glad to see some progress [emoji106]

Thank you! This will be the first and last restoration I do, but worth it because of how much that is a part of who I am.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yes, typical Rob. He doesn’t want to paint it until everything is done so it doesn’t get scratched. He’s going to cry when he sees it after a few runs [emoji23]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Maybe a dumb question but why on earth would you do a frame off restoration and then wheel it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Maybe a dumb question but why on earth would you do a frame off restoration and then wheel it?

I’ll never wheel it like we do our JKs, but at the same time I do hope to take it out to Colorado or Moab and run the easier or moderate trails that won’t damage it. But in the end It’s a Jeep, it will scratched and I’ll fix it. I’ve taken it to this extent so that it can be taken out carefully and we can have fun with it, clean it up and then take it to a show. No different than if I had a late 60s resto-mod, I’d surely take it to the track and push it. We build these things to enjoy, and I’m not one to enjoy staring at it in the garage.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I’ll never wheel it like we do our JKs, but at the same time I do hope to take it out to Colorado or Moab and run the easier or moderate trails that won’t damage it. But in the end It’s a Jeep, it will scratched and I’ll fix it. I’ve taken it to this extent so that it can be taken out carefully and we can have fun with it, clean it up and then take it to a show. No different than if I had a late 60s resto-mod, I’d surely take it to the track and push it. We build these things to enjoy, and I’m not one to enjoy staring at it in the garage.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Great answer [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Soooooo, no tank traps at Drummond?

41i91e.jpg

Top Bottom