1940 Plymouth

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430699376.835252.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430699388.865564.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430699406.638883.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430699417.291659.jpg
I'm not selling it here but I just need a honest opinion, how much can I get for my Plymouth ?

I just finished restoring it ๐Ÿ‘ go back in the thread and check before and after pictures

The engine runs better than the 3.8 JKs lol

It was your dads right? Keep it and pass it along to your kids. That's a good looking classic ride.

Thank you sir ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿฝ

My dad? Lol man I'm Latino, my dad left us when I was 10 lol .
It's my bros, but now it's mine ๐Ÿ˜

I'm the second owner and it's less than 65,miles
Fully restore all original

View attachment 140873
View attachment 140874
View attachment 140875View attachment 140876
I'm not selling it here but I just need a honest opinion, how much can I get for my Plymouth ?

I just finished restoring it ๐Ÿ‘ go back in the thread and check before and after pictures

The engine runs better than the 3.8 JKs lol

So I guess I have some questions first before I can give you an idea on a price:

Was the restoration a frame off restoration?

Did you rebuild the running gear including the engine and axle?

Is it a numbers matching car - engine, trans, axle?

Did you go through and do the wiring harnesses?

Are the restoration parts used OEM and NOS?

Do you have all the owner(s) histories?

This information makes the difference between a $12000.00 car and a $25000.00 car.

Thank you sir ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿฝ

My dad? Lol man I'm Latino, my dad left us when I was 10 lol .
It's my bros, but now it's mine ๐Ÿ˜

I'm the second owner and it's less than 65,miles
Fully restore all original

Still a nice ride I'd keep it. Funny I'm Latino also and my parents have been married for over 40 years. Sounds like maybe it's a Peruvian thing.

So I guess I have some questions first before I can give you an idea on a price:

This information makes the difference between a $12000.00 car and a $25000.00 car.

No, the car was in good shape no rust or nothing like that

Was most the paint and interior

Nope engine runs good
Transmission is good

Yup all mach numbers

The shop told me that they had to replace some harnesses for safety reasons, I have no idea what harnesses they change

OEM ๐Ÿ‘
I think I have some but not everything

Last edited:
Still a nice ride I'd keep it. Funny I'm Latino also and my parents have been married for over 40 years. Sounds like maybe it's a Peruvian thing.

๐Ÿ™ˆ sad but true lol
Only few people stay married till the end
My grandparents did stay till the end ๐Ÿ˜

No, the car was in good shape no rust or nothing like that

Was most the paint and interior

Nope engine runs good
Transmission is good

Yup all mach numbers

The shop told me that they had to replace some harnesses for safety reasons, I have no idea what harnesses they change

OEM ๐Ÿ‘
I think I have some but not everything

Based on the information you gave me, a west coast value on the car to a private party would be (this is without seeing it) $14,500.00 to the right buyer. It may take a while, a year or so. If you price is at $13,000.00, it should sell all day long.

Based on the information you gave me, a west coast value on the car to a private party would be (this is without seeing it) $14,500.00 to the right buyer. It may take a while, a year or so. If you price is at $13,000.00, it should sell all day long.

Dang for 13 I keep it lol I was hopping to be in the 30 ish

Sorry, it's just not a Chevelle, GTO, or Mustang. It just won't draw that kind of money on a car that has only had a paint job and some minor repair work. Even a fully restored GTO won't draw $30 in some cases depending on the options. I just sold my 1968 Ram Air II GTO and it did bring top dollar. But the base model is worth $28.

Sorry, it's just not a Chevelle, GTO, or Mustang. It just won't draw that kind of money on a car that has only had a paint job and some minor repair work. Even a fully restored GTO won't draw $30 in some cases depending on the options. I just sold my 1968 Ram Air II GTO and it did bring top dollar. But the base model is worth $28.

Yea I knew Chrysler it's not a big baller for collector ๐Ÿ˜ค

Oh well it's Sumer and I live in la San Diego
Time to have fun lol

But first needs to get a new master cylinder cause the one that it's on leaks like a B
They will have the car all ready in few more weeks

Thanks for the help ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Last edited:
Yea I knew Chrysler it's not a big baller for collector ๐Ÿ˜ค

Oh well it's Sumer and I live in la San Diego
Time to have fun lol

But first needs to get a new master cylinder cause the one that it's on leaks like a B
They will have the car all ready in few more weeks

You have another option. If I owned the car, I would strip the engine, trans and axle assembly out of it. I'd drop in a 440, back it up with a 727 TF, and a 3:73 Chrysler 8 3/4" rear. I'd slam it by adding air suspension and shave all the hardware. Once done, drive it and show it for a year then put it up for sale for $40,000.00 and take $30,000.00. You'll sell it.

You have another option. If I owned the car, I would strip the engine, trans and axle assembly out of it. I'd drop in a 440, back it up with a 727 TF, and a 3:73 Chrysler 8 3/4" rear. I'd slam it by adding air suspension and shave all the hardware. Once done, drive it and show it for a year then put it up for sale for $40,000.00 and take $30,000.00. You'll sell it.

Lol thank you.
I wish
First I swap the engine of my jeep ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿฝ
I just dropped almost 6k in less than 7 months in that car I hate it
Can't throw more money in the ply

How many reach arounds are you giving the buyer for that price?

Keep it, and be done with it. This is a cool car, but you'll never make bank on it like you clearly are trying/hoping to do. Best you can do is pray for a random motivated buyer when you least expect it to give you 15K

How many reach arounds are you giving the buyer for that price?

Keep it, and be done with it. This is a cool car, but you'll never make bank on it like you clearly are trying/hoping to do. Best you can do is pray for a random motivated buyer when you least expect it to give you 15K

Yea I'm keeping it and wait if they buy it good if not it's cool

Top Bottom