White Rhino a 2014 EcoDiesel on 35's

robthebuilderer

Summary:

• 2014 Limited 4x4 EcoDiesel
  • Nitto Terra Grappler G2 295/70/R18 - 34.41" diameter (for the purist)
  • ATX Cornice AX195
  • Mopar Air Struts, Bags and Tank
  • Accuair e-Level Suspension Management
  • Bodywork/Fabrication and Custom Flares
  • Modified Mopar Rock Rails
  • Modified RRO Winch Cradle
  • Smittybilt X20 10,000lb w/Wireless Remote
  • SRT8 Headlights
  • LED Driving Light Conversion
  • Matte Black Vinyl Wrap Accents
  • Brass Monkey Paint Accents (wheels, grille, etc.)

Phase II (because we're never finished):
  • Differentials...SRT8 or something...still researching options
  • Green Diesel Engineering EcoTune
  • Gobi Roof Rack (maybe)
  • More...TBD

Full Height (setting 3)

Full Drop (all down)...this is park mode

Thanks for looking!

Is the ride really stiff with the ride all the way up? I had one of these and I feel like there wasn't a lot of travel and it was stiff with the air bags all the way up.

Well done. Just love it. :clap2:

I used to have a 2012 Laredo.

I apologize for the slight hijack but I wanted to share mine since there are not many WK2s with toys.
DSC_0074_zpsf9cfe507.jpg

DSC_0084_zps2ea0858f.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the kudos...this was a lot work we got done in a very short amount of time.

Is the ride really stiff with the ride all the way up? I had one of these and I feel like there wasn't a lot of travel and it was stiff with the air bags all the way up.

There is a difference between what we did and what Jeep offers:
  • The way I understand the QL system, it uses 220-240lb of nitrogen to maintain pressure in the front struts, then uses an AC and valve body to transfer air between the bags and tank to adjust height...it's a closed loop system controlled by the factory computer.
  • We are using the front struts (and rear bags) as a traditional air bag/strut. We have (2) Viair 200psi compressors, 3 gallon tank and Accuair e-Level to manage an open loop system.

At setting 3 (full height) the suspension is not yet at full droop, so there is still downward travel available. We drove around Jeep Beach at full height a majority of the time, up to 45mph...no issues, great ride.

At setting 2 (normal ride height) it floats down the road...setting 1 (lowest driving height) is like riding on rails, handles great.

Note: I removed the front sway bar, so probably have a bit more left-to-right articulation than the stock suspension allows and it feels softer.

thanks for the kudos...this was a lot work we got done in a very short amount of time.

There is a difference between what we did and what Jeep offers:
  • The way I understand the QL system, it uses 220-240lb of nitrogen to maintain pressure in the front struts, then uses an AC and valve body to transfer air between the bags and tank to adjust height...it's a closed loop system controlled by the factory computer.
  • We are using the front struts (and rear bags) as a traditional air bag/strut. We have (2) Viair 200psi compressors, 3 gallon tank and Accuair e-Level to manage an open loop system.

At setting 3 (full height) the suspension is not yet at full droop, so there is still downward travel available. We drove around Jeep Beach at full height a majority of the time, up to 45mph...no issues, great ride.

At setting 2 (normal ride height) it floats down the road...setting 1 (lowest driving height) is like riding on rails, handles great.

Note: I removed the front sway bar, so probably have a bit more left-to-right articulation than the stock suspension allows and it feels softer.

That's so awesome man. Congrats. I love that motor

That think is kick ass. The ATX Cornice's look perfect on it. I love a build Grand Cherokee.

Thanks for all the positive response!

Working on the details now...black out wheel wells, finish copper hard lines to compressors...punch list stuff.

Next...enjoy it, get out there. :thumb:

Top Bottom