Wave from MN

Hey guys,
New to the forums here but I am on my 4th Jeep. Previously had a 1991 YJ, 1997 TJ, 2006 SRT8, and last but not least I recently picked up a 2015 JKUR.
Previous to this wrangler I hadn't got much into mods, I threw a set of tires and wheels on my last TJ but that was the extent of it. I am 29 years old and a Project Design Engineer, I live in Lakeville and my hobbies consist of a wide variety of projects including CNC design & automation, machining, working on and rebuilding cars, firearms etc.. I picked up this JK in June and last weekend installed an Evo 4" DoubleD LA Kit, JR Reel 1350 Driveshaft & set of 17" Raceline Beadlocks. Feel free to give me a shout if you live nearby, my rides still a work in progress but I'll be slowing buying new parts over time. Next up is front & rear bumpers & a set of rails.

View attachment 159663

Last edited:
Welcome to Wayalife! Got some buddies headed that way as I'm typing this...fishing on the border waters at Crane Lake. I was supposed to go, but family comes first :yup: Great looking Jeep!

Welcome from Seattle! Very nice rubi, congrats on the new purchase. How's the daily ride of the new evo suspension?

Welcome from Seattle! Very nice rubi, congrats on the new purchase. How's the daily ride of the new evo suspension?

I drive about 20 miles to work each way and I have been very impressed with the ride so far. The only issue I had with alignment was steering wheel center being off by a substantial amount due to the 4" lift. I quickly adjusted it the first time around (and was still 10 degrees off center) and the jeep was tripping into traction control mode when I was driving a straight line. I went back to the garage and re-adjusted the center more carefully so that I was +/- a degree or 2 and that immediately solved that issue. It currently drives straight as can be. I am planning to double check and adjust caster angles this weekend just to verify everything is where it should be.

I drive about 20 miles to work each way and I have been very impressed with the ride so far. The only issue I had with alignment was steering wheel center being off by a substantial amount due to the 4" lift. I quickly adjusted it the first time around (and was still 10 degrees off center) and the jeep was tripping into traction control mode when I was driving a straight line. I went back to the garage and re-adjusted the center more carefully so that I was +/- a degree or 2 and that immediately solved that issue. It currently drives straight as can be. I am planning to double check and adjust caster angles this weekend just to verify everything is where it should be.

That's awesome! I have the evo leveling kit now, and am debating going with the Evo 3" enforcer kit but was worried about how it drove. Right now it drives great but I wouldn't dare try and text and drive like I used to when it was stock haha

That's awesome! I have the evo leveling kit now, and am debating going with the Evo 3" enforcer kit but was worried about how it drove. Right now it drives great but I wouldn't dare try and text and drive like I used to when it was stock haha

Yeah I am very pleased with the handling of the jeep right now and that was with literally no time spent on alignment (other than the steering wheel center). I definitely would recommend EVO, although it was expensive and very time consuming to install I am very glad I went with this kit over a cheap one. I would assume their other kits are quality as well. Good luck!

Top Bottom