Tuffy 2011+ jk unlimited security tailgate

akershner

Looking to sell my Tuffy security enclosure for $250 OBO + shipping, this is their model 299. Love the build and simplicity of this thing, easy install and great functionality just looking to pool some cash for a tire upgrade. I purchased it at the end of June this year and ran it with an Offroad Heroes fastback soft top and the OEM hard top, no modifications or additional effort to fit either application so I'm sure it would fit with most anything in a 2011 + JKU. Tuffy has them listed for $299 + shipping. PM me if you're interested or if you'd like more information. I'm located in St. Paul, MN, local pickup or will ship if the buyer pays.

If you're unfamiliar with the enclosure, you can see pics and read specs here:

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-495-tuffy-2011-jk-unlimited-security-tailgate-enclosure.aspx

Last edited:
Is this something that a 35" spare could be strapped down on to or even stored under it?

Hey lulu, thanks for the reply. I just took measurements on it with the hardtop on, the rough opening dimensions would be 21" from the top of the deck to the opening of the hard top. 42" in between the plastic rollbar boots and 20" deep from the hardtop glass to the back of the rear seats. Inside the deck would be a bit smaller at 14"h x 36"w x 29"d. If you were running with the hard top off and wanted to strap a spare down, I'm pretty sure that would fit, the deck comes with 4 pretty sturdy d rings to strap down to as well. See the attached pics to get a better idea of the fit with a hard top on.

Attachments

• IMG_0285[1].jpg
    IMG_0285[1].jpg
    68 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0282.JPG
    IMG_0282.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 275
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 281
So a 35 will NOT fit under it but one could be strapped on top of it? Is that what u are saying? Sorry just trying to understand what you are saying. I'm a little slow sometimes lol. Also, I run a trektop during the warmer months. I'm a little concerned it might not work with this. I will have to do some research. I really want this to work have been wanting one for a while. I'll see what I can find out.

So a 35 will NOT fit under it but one could be strapped on top of it? Is that what u are saying? Sorry just trying to understand what you are saying. I'm a little slow sometimes lol. Also, I run a trektop during the warmer months. I'm a little concerned it might not work with this. I will have to do some research. I really want this to work have been wanting one for a while. I'll see what I can find out.

Sorry if I wasn't clear bud, I was trying to provide as much information as possible so you could make the decision and I was a bit confusing. The shelf itself is pretty sturdy and I would have all the confidence that it would hold the weight of a 35 but I don't think the spare would fit inside or on top with you running the trektop. I still run the oem tire carrier so this wasn't an issue for me. If you figure something out to the contrary feel free to let me know!

Damn, thanks for the clarification. Been thinking about getting an oem soft top and getting rid of the trek top bit that wont be until spring, if I do at all. GLWS.

Damn, thanks for the clarification. Been thinking about getting an oem soft top and getting rid of the trek top bit that wont be until spring, if I do at all. GLWS.

Have you ever seen the sweet mounts that some of the more engineeringly gifted jeepers have built to hold oversized tires in their cargo area? If not, I can find some pics for you, pretty damn cool if you ask me!

Oh yeah, they are pretty sweet! I wish I had some fabricating knowledge.
And by the way, I think we have the same last name...Kershner.

No friggin way, and you even spell it the right way! My family comes from Pennsylvania Kershner's, my Grandma and Grandpa, Chester and Lois, used to go out to the big reunions in PA every once in awhile when they were still with us. I'm willing to bet I could find the link between us, glad to meet you lulu, the name is Andrew.

Yep...the RIGHT way haha. People butcher the spelling all the time. I will have to ask my grandmother if she remembers Chester and Lois. My grandparents on that side are Charlotte and Harold. He passed away almost 20 years ago but gram is still here! Good to me you too!! Julie here. :)

Lowering the asking price to $200 + shipping, anyone interested?

You are probably not going to get much response since this is your 13th post since August of 2013. It would appear you are only joined to sell things and not be an active member of the forum. Again this is just my opinion.

You are probably not going to get much response since this is your 13th post since August of 2013. It would appear you are only joined to sell things and not be an active member of the forum. Again this is just my opinion.

Thanks for the input Canvas, appreciate the opinion and it sucks if I give that impression. I still consider myself a novice (my 2012 JKU is my first Jeep love affair) with not much value to add to the Wayalife community yet. Love the forum and have followed it religiously since joining, especially the content that Eddie creates so I definitely didn't just join to sell stuff. Thanks again, I'll consider this my heads-up to start contributing my fair share! :rock:

Top Bottom