Trail Seven Bundle

rob_bunch

With such limited space in the JLU and JT for that matter I’m looking to swap out just speakers from the factory amplified alpine system. I’ve been looking at the various bundles offered by Trail Seven and was wondering if any one in the group has tried them out. I don’t want to get into trying to locate amps and build boxes or pods so I’m hoping this might potentially give a little more sound. Any opinions for or against?

Wish I could help you but I've been pretty happy with factory amplified Alpine system and haven't looked into anything else. Hope you find what you're looking for though.

Do you have the factory Alpine Subwoofer option? I'm a huge music person and find it to be great actually. What exactly is prompting you to change them?

Do you have the factory Alpine Subwoofer option? I'm a huge music person and find it to be great actually. What exactly is prompting you to change them?
I do have the alpine setup with the powered sub,, just looking a little more balls (for a lack of words) than what the overheads and dash do…. I’m m happy with the sub. A Jeep is just hard to get dynamic audio without amps and all that stuff and I’d rather invest in stuff like ram assists, chromoly axle shafts etc than high end audio that’ll eat up storage space.

I do have the alpine setup with the powered sub,, just looking a little more balls (for a lack of words) than what the overheads and dash do…. I’m m happy with the sub. A Jeep is just hard to get dynamic audio without amps and all that stuff and I’d rather invest in stuff like ram assists, chromoly axle shafts etc than high end audio that’ll eat up storage space.
Sounds like you answered your own question then. Invest in all the important Jeep stuff and not on high school sound systems that bump lol

With such limited space in the JLU and JT for that matter I’m looking to swap out just speakers from the factory amplified alpine system. I’ve been looking at the various bundles offered by Trail Seven and was wondering if any one in the group has tried them out. I don’t want to get into trying to locate amps and build boxes or pods so I’m hoping this might potentially give a little more sound. Any opinions for or against?
I know nothing about Trail Seven, but there is no doubt that replacing cost-constrained stock speakers with reasonable efficiency high end ones will make a noticeable difference. Take care to select speakers which are at least as efficient as the existing ones so that the existing amps will work well with them.

It is my impression that the premium Jeep audio does not sound good unless it is turned up pretty high. So if you want to listen to some music, but still carry on a conversation with the passenger, then the existing speakers don't work so well. On the flip side, the Jeep is normally pretty noisy so you might need to turn it up anyway.

I know nothing about Trail Seven, but there is no doubt that replacing cost-constrained stock speakers with reasonable efficiency high end ones will make a noticeable difference. Take care to select speakers which are at least as efficient as the existing ones so that the existing amps will work well with them.

It is my impression that the premium Jeep audio does not sound good unless it is turned up pretty high. So if you want to listen to some music, but still carry on a conversation with the passenger, then the existing speakers don't work so well. On the flip side, the Jeep is normally pretty noisy so you might need to turn it up anyway.
You see the problem…

That is a reasonable system to run with those tires. It’s not over the top. You would probably still hear the tires a bit.
I actually stepped down to 37ko2’s for commuting and will go to 40’s and beads strictly for weekend wheeling. So noise isn’t near as bad but I did score a premium oem soft top for $250 and that’s another reason I’m interested in speaker upgrades.

If you're wanting to upgrade with minimum intrusion on available space, try going to Crutchfield. They have installation guidelines telling you what the modifications needed are.

If you're wanting to add a powered subwoofer, there is a kit that installs under passenger front seat. Dash and speaker bar upgrades can be found that are plug & play. The only PITA in the whole mix are the knee speakers in the dash.

Top Bottom