Tire Pressure in Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70R17

hydroslyder

Hey all,

Just got my new wheels and tires mounted up on my 2012 JKUR. Picked up some Nitto Terra Grappler G2's (285/70R17) on some Method Standards (17x8.5) from discount tire direct. I can't say enough about how great working with discount tire direct was, Ben really hooked me up with prices and delivery happened within a week!

So my question is, can anyone give me a target tire pressure, they showed up from DTD at 40 psi which I'm sure is pretty high. Search didn't turn much up.

Jeep has PS front bumper and winch and a OffRoad Evolution leveling kit and Rancho R7000 shocks.

Here's how she sits now:
16C80E6B-14EB-4A85-A41D-F2F3063AB9AE_zps1ubgfmei.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Was your tire pressure light always on? Mines at 35 psi and it has the low pressure light on but I like the pressure and don't want to run more pressure how do I get the light off?

I would run 30-32 myself. You can always do a chalk test to ensure even wear too.

And Clifford, as far as tire light, I'm not 100% sure on the JKs, but most vehicles set the light when tire pressures differ between tires as opposed to too low of a pressure overall. So if all your tires are the same, light shouldn't be on. (Again, not 100% sure JKs are the same). This also means set your spare the same if it has a sensor in it. If that doesn't work, sorry, not sure if that can be taken care of.

Was your tire pressure light always on? Mines at 35 psi and it has the low pressure light on but I like the pressure and don't want to run more pressure how do I get the light off?

And Clifford, as far as tire light, I'm not 100% sure on the JKs, but most vehicles set the light when tire pressures differ between tires as opposed to too low of a pressure overall. So if all your tires are the same, light shouldn't be on. (Again, not 100% sure JKs are the same). This also means set your spare the same if it has a sensor in it. If that doesn't work, sorry, not sure if that can be taken care of.

WJCO - They are actually based on what the pressure is.

Clifford - I had a Superchips FlashCal that I got for the tire size change, and I first tried to adjust it to the pressure I was running, but could never get it to work properly, so I simply turned the TPMS off.

WJCO - They are actually based on what the pressure is.

Clifford - I had a Superchips FlashCal that I got for the tire size change, and I first tried to adjust it to the pressure I was running, but could never get it to work properly, so I simply turned the TPMS off.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Ok thanks you guys so much when I get home I'm going to check to make sure my tire pressure is all the same. I haven't check since my last run.

Ok thanks you guys so much when I get home I'm going to check to make sure my tire pressure is all the same. I haven't check since my last run.

As I stated, the difference between the tires won't matter. It's really a matter of a range from the factory preset number. My suggestion would be to pick up a FlashCal or ProCal and take care of it once and for all. Not to mention all the other features they offer.

Forgot to mention these are E rated tires...32 still what y'all would recommend?

Do a chalk test and see where you're at. Draw a chalk line across the tread of the tires and drive it forward about 50 ft, then back 50 ft. The chalk should wear off fully or at least have witness marks where it's wearing. This will give you a good picture of how the tire is driving. Adjust pressure accordingly.

I have 305/70/17 and I currently am running them at 29 psi. They used to be 37psi but the ride was extremely rough and I found out that 30 was a better place. I used my superchip to lower the tpm as much as possible.

Tire Pressure

I'm running ProComp 17x8 with 285/75 R17 BFG KM2 Muds - I was running 30-32 but got tired of beating myself and my suspension to death.
Dropped down to 28 all-around and have a lot better ride now. Might even go to 27. :thumb:

Top Bottom