Terra Grapplers vs Dura Trac

Mojave Meck

Hi all,

Time to dump the stock Wranglers on my wife's 2013 JKU Sport. It's her daily driver during the week, weekends we hit the trails in the desert, so mostly rocky terrain. She does not want noisy tires yet we both want a safe durable tire when airing down for off road. Currently running 255/75/17. Would like to go a bit wider, jeep is stock.
The tires I've looked into are Terra Grapplers and Dura Trac's. What would be your preference and how much bigger can we go on a stock JKU?

Thanks, Meck

Welcome to the Forum. :standing wave: If you are not doing a lot of off-roading, take a look at Falken WildPeaks.

Both are good tires and if you lived in an are where you'd see a lot of snow, I would say the Duratrac's. Being that you're in NV, I would say to get the Terra Grapplers.

I have run the Terra Grapplers on two different vehicles, one was my diesel tow rig and the other a daily driven Land Rover work truck/trail rig. The Nitto is an awesome tire, very quite and had a really long wear life on both vehicles. If they made the Terra Grappler in 40"s I would have no issue running them on my jeep right now.

I love my Duratracs. I've got 265/16" rims that I bought before I got the 2.5" terraflex coil lift. I could fit bigger now, but I have to wait until these wear out. Very quiet, look aggressive. Yes, they do have that winter snowflake. Never a problem and work well for my daily driver.

Without a lift, daily driver, off road requiring not much flex...I'm guessing 285's might work out. At least on my 2-door, I should have gotten 285's.

Top Bottom