Suspension.

OlderMan53

I am currently replacing most of my suspension and steering on my wrangler jk unlimited x and my upper control arms came new with just one new bushing per arm. Looking around this seems to be an industry standard and i don't get why you would go through the trouble of replacing the whole arm and not both bushings. Any thoughts? I just want to learn.

I see it now, the metal outer portion of the bushing is a press fit into the axle bracket. I am never one to balk at buying new tools. Is there anything special i should know before i log onto amazon?
Thank you by the way for the info.

Upvote 0
Those are exactly what i am looking at right now. The front suspension kit came with upper and lower ball jointz and the control arm bushings i need are only $12 each. So much to my wifes displeasure i am surfing amazon for instal and removal kits. So far I don't want to spend that much money on tool kits that wouldn't be used very often.

Upvote 0
Those are exactly what i am looking at right now. The front suspension kit came with upper and lower ball jointz and the control arm bushings i need are only $12 each. So much to my wifes displeasure i am surfing amazon for instal and removal kits. So far I don't want to spend that much money on tool kits that wouldn't be used very often.
Harbor Freight has a kit, Maddox.

BUT, certain auto part stores will rent them for a very low price. If you have O'Reilly Auto Parts they do rentals.

Upvote 0
I am pretty spoiled so anything other than buying doesn't usually occur to me. I have both harbor freight and O'reilly so thank you for the reminder.
My 2007 jk with K240 miles is my daily driver and the one set of bushings seems like it's all or nothing, if i start there is not going back. I am thinking it's not worth it right now.

Upvote 0
At that mileage, I would just do them. Crappy thing is if they don't come out easily you have to cut/torch the outer sleeve out of the axle.

Upvote 0
At that mileage, I would just do them. Crappy thing is if they don't come out easily you have to cut/torch the outer sleeve out of the axle.
That's the risk i cannot afford to take yet. but the info i have gotten from all of you allows me to make a plan. I really appreciate that. Thanks to you all.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom