Simba build....

junior3382

My name is Joshua. I go by Junior. Currently in south central Pennsylvania. Happy to be a part of this community. Finally decided to post some pics. ;-)

Started with a stock 2012 unlimited sport. 3.6l v6, and 6 speed manual..... Started the build last October and finished it last weekend! Have full build and project pics and videos.... but for now I will just post simple before and afters.... His name is Simba, and this is about as far as I can go in Pennsylvania. ... planning to move west in a few months, hopefully a stop at Off Road Evolution and the beginning of stage two! But for now.... this is what's done....

3.5" lift
Teraflex Monster flex fully adjustable upper and lower control arms, front and rear...
OrFab Rock skins
Smittybilt rock sliders
Rugged Ridge modular front bumper with stinger
Rough country 9500lb winch
Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper with tire carrier
Black Rock series 17x9 steel wheels
Crown Automotive 6" extended brake lines
JKS quicker disconnect end links
Nitto Trail Grappler MT tires, 37x12.50
Custom made Flowmaster 44 series exhaust system
Rear Dana 44 axle, 5.13:1 gears with Trac lock
Front Dana 30, sleeved, gussets, trussed with 5.13:1 gears
Drake off road race inspired hood latches
IPF 6" lights, Cree 4" LED and 52" Cree LED light bar
Xenon flat 1.5" extended flares
Craftsman 1.2 gallon compressor for on board air
And I'm sure much much more.....

Anyways.... what do Y'all think?

:)

Attachments

• 1426824936871.jpg
    1426824936871.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 204
  • 1426824951165.jpg
    1426824951165.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 207
  • 1426824962507.jpg
    1426824962507.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 192
Great job looks boss! What LED mounting brackets are those?

I got those brackets off Amazon for 98 bucks. Rough Country makes then I think. Fit pertfect, and had the lower mounts for the 4" lights as well.

Attachments

• 1426826088415.jpg
    1426826088415.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 194
Looks great!! Are you finding a lot of noise from the 50" bar? I put one on last week And it drives me nuts how noisy it is!

Did the wires fit behind the bracket?

Not all the way. We ran them behind the bracket into the cabin then down the pillar inside.... I can take a picture later if you want to see...

Looks great!! Are you finding a lot of noise from the 50" bar? I put one on last week And it drives me nuts how noisy it is!

There is a lot of wind noise from it. More then I had hoped... it helps that I have a hard top I think, but with a soft top it may be too much.... :-(

Not all the way. We ran them behind the bracket into the cabin then down the pillar inside.... I can take a picture later if you want to see...

You don't have to, but I would like to get some ideas. Thanks if you do and no worries if you don't. Great build and gives me some ideas.

So another night in the shop. Last weekend, that supposedly "brand new" Rough Country winch I had purchased blew up on me... with all 70 feet of line hanging off of it.... very frustrating. .. so got a new Smittybilt XRC winch, installed.

Also got my Cobra CB radio installed and wired up... and got all my AUX lights wired into a much needed switch pod.... did the same for my best friends Xj as well....

In addition, due to a major weight change, seemed that I found the flaw with Rough Country lift coils... I had lost almost 2 inches of height in the rear and my 37's rubbed everytime I hit a bump... so we also installed new coil springs... and went bigger... from the RCX 3.5" progressive rate coils to a full set of 4" Triple rate Teraflex coils. So she is also level again... and sitting tall again... I only took a couple pics tonight, will get more tomorrow for those that want to see....

Attachments

• 1427610709749.jpg
    1427610709749.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 1427610726683.jpg
    1427610726683.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 107
So although there has been a small "Pause"... its the little things that matter right? Did some decal work, and some trimming... Oh, and just got a new motor... new clutch... and new Flywheel.... so I guess its a fresh start! (under warranty too, so free is always good!) :)

So where can I get a really good deal on a Full Coilover Conversion Kit?

11223957_976284465756483_6662088891733898376_n.jpg
11695770_975301652521431_2024201930971239523_n.jpg

So where can I get a really good deal on a Full Coilover Conversion Kit?

EVO Double D pro is what i went with. It is a bolt on kit for around 6k. But it also takes you to long arms as well. I bought mine through Tim at Northridge 4x4.

So although there has been a small "Pause"... its the little things that matter right? Did some decal work, and some trimming... Oh, and just got a new motor... new clutch... and new Flywheel.... so I guess its a fresh start! (under warranty too, so free is always good!) :)

Jeep looks good. You are going to have to expand on the new motor story replaced under warranty. There are a lot of people that would be interested in hearing!

Jeep looks good. You are going to have to expand on the new motor story replaced under warranty. There are a lot of people that would be interested in hearing!

It was consuming oil like it was going out of style... an average of 2 quarts for every 500 miles of use. After a oil consumption test, and weeks of bitching, I got the dealer to dig a little deeper... they found 0 compression on cylinders 2 and 3 they tore down the motor and found that the rings on these were shot... and the Pistons were burning up... I never noticed much of a loss in power, probably due to running 5.13:1 gears and I think it had been that way for a while....

Anyways, with only 72k on it, and 3 warranties, they saw my point of view.... ordered a new Long block for it... when they pulled the motor, they found my clutch was all but gone... and due to there being a pending recall for the throw out bearing, and me being anxious, they simply replaced the clutch as well....

Like I said, fairly sure it had been this way for a while, because when I got it back, that Flowmaster 44 never sounded better, and the power to the wheels was great.... didn't know I could spin 37's. ... so I realized it was probably bad since I bought it last year...

Anyways, I was told that the 2012 models with the Pentastar motor are having these issues... so for those running the first year 3.6l motors, keep an eye on your oil levels... slipping into limp mode on the freeway because of low oil pressure sux! ;-)

Top Bottom