Saying hello after purchasing ... Jeep #3!

Altonymous

Dropping a /wave after purchasing ... Jeep #3!

Hey guys, thought I'd drop by and introduce myself. I'll jump right in...

A friend got me into crawling at Uwharrie National Forest. Didn't want to keep taking my Ford Raptor, so I got my first Jeep, a trail ready '97 TJ. Wheeled for a summer with it, decided I wanted to build my own so I traded the Raptor in and picked up a stock '06 LJ Rubicon.

raptor.jpgtj.jpgIMG_1978.jpg

I had planned on selling the '97 TJ but my wife wasn't having that. She wanted to see how she liked driving her own rig.. she wasn't satisfied with just being a passenger. So we started wheeling together, and it spurred us to make some real changes in our life... Those life changes were certainly spurred by our new found love for Jeeping and just experiencing what our country has to offer. You see we have 4 kids, 11b, 9b, 6b, & 4g, and something we noticed when we started jeeping with them was that everyone was smiling.. we were enjoying each other's company. The kids didn't have their noses buried in electronics and they weren't screaming they were bored every 5 minutes. Needless to say our life took a positive turn in every way.

rory.jeep.jpgconal.jpgliam.jpgaiden.jpg11042298_10155570637355624_5291706675961258811_n.jpg

But that's when things got worse.. we had some issues that forced us to sell our home. In the process we weren't sure where we were going to live.. but we did know we still loved spending time together as a family and Jeeping was one of those activities we had at the very top of our list. So it might surprise you with the next thing we did. We sold the 97 TJ... the Jeep my wife wheeled, the one that got me into jeeping. But it didn't end there.. we also sold my very own built LJ and it was a very sad day for me because I truly loved it! But our story isn't over yet, because we didn't stop there, lemonade from lemons, right?. After the house and both vehicles were sold, I flew to New Mexico.. because something was waiting for me. Our brand new home...

IMG_0425.jpg

Yes.. that's it.. that's where we plan to live full time, with 4 kids and our 2 year old lab ... Fudgicon.

IMG_1412.jpg

So I began my solo drive back to FL where my wife and kids were staying with my dad. But on the way I needed to make a stop.. I needed to bring things full circle and pick up the one thing that started us on this voyage.

IMG_0431.jpg

The journey to NM started on July 3rd.. today we are back in NC.. planning to reveal our plans to our family members this upcoming Saturday.. since none of them know about our crazy plan. Hopefully my brother-in-law who just got into Jeeping doesn't find this.. but if he does.. maybe he'll say hello, and hopefully keep our secret from the rest of the family. Perhaps he'll even help us out with the surprise.

Anyway, thought I'd share our Jeep story and say hi!

So Hi!

Last edited:
Made a few modifications..

Build is still underway.. but making progress.

Have front/rear bumpers on order.

IMG_1207.jpg

Build is still underway.. but making progress.

Have front/rear bumpers on order.

View attachment 169290

Looks like Fudgicon watered your tire for you!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but I have to say I have secretly thought that roaming the country in an RV could be awesome. I'm sure it is a little difficult with kids and all. Best of luck to you and your family!

Thanks! We're close to getting the last bits ready to go. Pretty excited to hit the road. Been doing weekend trips to get used to it.

Keep us updated! Sounds like a story in the making. Long as you're out enjoying life with the kids it's all good. Looking forward to what the future holds for you!

Great write up and what a way to say Hi. Sorry for the misfortunes along the way but keeping family first will sure make the days easier to bear. Well that and getting that Jeep going and riding around the beautiful country of course!! [emoji482]

Top Bottom