Rust from rock chips

Suspect

I have a few rock chips starting to rust in the windshield/hood area and can really use some help.
here's how they look
unnamed.jpg
I know its not the end of the world but what would be the best plan of attack for something like this? I feel it would be difficult to sand something so small and I might end up causing more damage.
I was thinking of dabbing some rust converter on and and then using a Mopar touch up pen but I figured I'd get a second opinion before I do something stupid ::hmm:
Thanks in advance for any help!

I have a few rock chips starting to rust in the windshield/hood area and can really use some help.
here's how they look

I know its not the end of the world but what would be the best plan of attack for something like this? I feel it would be difficult to sand something so small and I might end up causing more damage.
I was thinking of dabbing some rust converter on and and then using a Mopar touch up pen but I figured I'd get a second opinion before I do something stupid ::hmm:
Thanks in advance for any help!

Our JK did the same thing. Our Mopar touch-up pen had a little sanding tip on it. It worked ok. It at least removed some of the rust before painting. You could use a Dremel with a sanding bit too if you're careful.

Untitled.jpg

Our JK did the same thing. Our Mopar touch-up pen had a little sanding tip on it. It worked ok. It at least removed some of the rust before painting. You could use a Dremel with a sanding bit too if you're careful.

View attachment 354793

Awesome, I had no idea they came with a sanding tip. I think I'm gonna keep it simple and just use the pen then.
thanks for your help!

View attachment 354793

Wow, I had a Mopar touch up pen and I thought the glass bristles were the brush for the paint and that the paint had dried up. :doh: Well you learn something every day.

Awesome, I had no idea they came with a sanding tip. I think I'm gonna keep it simple and just use the pen then.
thanks for your help!

Wow, I had a Mopar touch up pen and I thought the glass bristles were the brush for the paint and that the paint had dried up. :doh: Well you learn something every day.

I had no idea wtf that thing was but I actually read the instructions for the first time ever, lol. I was surprised as well.

Top Bottom