Removing beadlock rings

Wittys-JK

I have set of Trail Ready beadlocks and I finally got around to powder coating the ring to my spare and now I want to go back and powder coat the other 4 rings. My question is can I just remove as much air as I can out of the wheel and then remove the ring or do I have to take the schrader valve from the stem to be safe. I have yet to remove the rings and I have not had any issue since I installed them about 8 months ago. I want to be safe but I don't want to over think this if I don't have to so I welcome all experience.

Remove the valve core. You are going to want to dump all the air pressure from the tire before you pull the rings. You can buy a valve core tool at any auto parts store for about 3 bucks.

Remove the valve core. You are going to want to dump all the air pressure from the tire before you pull the rings. You can buy a valve core tool at any auto parts store for about 3 bucks.

x2 pull the stems so all the air is out then pull the rings, thats what I do at least when I need to work on my wheels.

x2 pull the stems so all the air is out then pull the rings, thats what I do at least when I need to work on my wheels.

If you don't unseat your wheel are you usually able to keep the balance on the wheel if you put the ring back again or do you get the wheels balanced again?

If you don't unseat your wheel are you usually able to keep the balance on the wheel if you put the ring back again or do you get the wheels balanced again?

You should be good to go if you keep the wheel seated and do not move it! At least this has been my experience.

Top Bottom