Rear Toe

Since there is no way to adjust the rear toe, if it's not zero, does that mean my rear housing is bent?

Not that it can't be, but I feel it's more likely the gear was mounted just enough off that it would give a bad reading.

It also could be a bent wheel or a bent flange. Do you hear any brake squeak while driving? Also, while driving in a safe area, adjust your mirrors so you can see the top of the rear tires. Do they wobble any?

Usually a bent housing would cause the camber to be off, as it will bend down in the middle due to a huge hit.

A bent wheel or a bent axle could read as bad camber or toe, depending on where the bend stops when it is checked.

Forgot to attach readings

You can adjust the rear thrust angle with your control arms if you have adjustable one. They are probably not the same length. Also centering the axle with a raised trackbar bracket or adjustable one will help as well

Reading

I took it into another shop and the readings are almost identical.
Rear shafts are only a few weeks old. Tires have been rotated and balanced. I followed my wife driving it and rear tires seem to be straight, no wobble that I can see.
I measured from center of each hubcap and the passenger side is 7/8" longer. I have checked and rechecked the control arms. Each set is identical in length.
Don't know what to do next.

I took it into another shop and the readings are almost identical.
Rear shafts are only a few weeks old. Tires have been rotated and balanced. I followed my wife driving it and rear tires seem to be straight, no wobble that I can see.
I measured from center of each hubcap and the passenger side is 7/8" longer. I have checked and rechecked the control arms. Each set is identical in length.
Don't know what to do next.
From the center of each hubcap to what?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Ya, that didn't make sense. From center of front hubcap to center of rear hubcap. We've got the XD Rockstar wheels, so went from center point of each star. Maybe not the most accurate, but even with some variance in plastic stars, the axles clearly aren't parallel.

Ya, that didn't make sense. From center of front hubcap to center of rear hubcap. We've got the XD Rockstar wheels, so went from center point of each star. Maybe not the most accurate, but even with some variance in plastic stars, the axles clearly aren't parallel.

If you steering is even a tiny bit turned one way or another that measurement will not be accurate

Top Bottom