Rear Dana 44 Non-Rubicon Axle assembly

plext0r

EDIT: No longer looking for this.

My son was out playing in the snow a couple of weeks ago and rammed the rear driver side tire into a curb. It removed the bead on the tire and went flat. He and a friend put on the spare and got home. They were able to get the tire back on the rim without issues, but we've started hearing the dreaded bent flange noise. When we removed the wheel and put it in drive, I could see the brake rotor moving side to side as well as the caliper. Since this is my son's Jeep, he's paying for the repair. If anyone has a spare rear Dana 44 Non-Rubicon axle they want to sell, please reply. Thanks!

Last edited:
My son was out playing in the snow a couple of weeks ago and rammed the rear driver side tire into a curb. It removed the bead on the tire and went flat. He and a friend put on the spare and got home. They were able to get the tire back on the rim without issues, but we've started hearing the dreaded bent flange noise. When we removed the wheel and put it in drive, I could see the brake rotor moving side to side as well as the caliper. Since this is my son's Jeep, he's paying for the repair. If anyone has a spare rear Dana 44 Non-Rubicon axle they want to sell, please reply. Thanks!

Spicer has decent prices and usually bearing is already pressed on. Just a heads up, I did the same thing when someone hit me a couple months ago. Not even 3 miles later (while driving to the shop that did the work for the insurance) by brake rotor came apart and caliper came off. Lost brakes! Be careful. Pics in my build thread of the rotor.

Top Bottom