RCV for Mojave

jaysunm

I’ve searched high and low to figure out which one to order but and still it sure? Anyone with a Mojave order an rcv front axle set?

Is there a reason why you want shafts that are a greasy mess, click and pop loudly if you wheel your Jeep hard and cost $400 more than a good set of chomolys with full circle clips?

Upvote 0
Is there a reason why you want shafts that are a greasy mess, click and pop loudly if you wheel your Jeep hard and cost $400 more than a good set of chomolys with full circle clips?
I can see you’re a fan of RCVs 😉 tbh. I just don’t want to break again. Open to alternatives. I probably spent more time trying to sort out Mojave axles vs alternatives.

Upvote 0
I can see you’re a fan of RCVs 😉 tbh. I just don’t want to break again. Open to alternatives. I probably spent more time trying to sort out Mojave axles vs alternatives.
LOL - don't get me wrong. I've run RCVs on multiple Jeeps in the past and they are strong but I hate how messy they get and really hate how they pop and click so loud on the trail that people around you think you've blown a u-joint. Worse, RCV will tell you that it's totally normal and that they will not warranty it. To me, that's just lame and from experience, I can tell you that a good set of chromoly shafts with full circle clips will get the job done just as well and for a hell of a lot less.

I would reach out to Disciple Off Road here on the forum for options on other shafts or RCVs and they will get you a great deal too on whatever it is you decide to go with.

Upvote 0
LOL - don't get me wrong. I've run RCVs on multiple Jeeps in the past and they are strong but I hate how messy they get and really hate how they pop and click so loud on the trail that people around you think you've blown a u-joint. Worse, RCV will tell you that it's totally normal and that they will not warranty it. To me, that's just lame and from experience, I can tell you that a good set of chromoly shafts with full circle clips will get the job done just as well and for a hell of a lot less.

I would reach out to Disciple Off Road here on the forum for options on other shafts or RCVs and they will get you a great deal too on whatever it is you decide to go with.
Thank you, will reach out to them.

Upvote 1
I’ve got US made Revolution chromoly full circle clip axle shafts in my 2012 Rubicon. If I recall, they have a lifetime guarantee. I’ve been running them hard for three years now. They’ve held up well and are easier to maintain.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom