PULSATING ELECTRONIC HUM Coming from the Rear of My 392

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There's a strange pulsating sound, kind of like a humming coming from the rear passenger side wheel well of my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 and I have absolutely no idea what it is. If I could guess, it's coming from about where the EVAP is located and I should note, there is a smell of fuel in the area as well. If it matters, it's been going on for what I think might be about half an hour and if it matters, it's also been stupid hot today, maybe like 115-120 degrees. Check it out...

Any ideas what it might be? 🤪

Fuel pump stuck in the "On" position?

Disconnect the batteries and hard boot it.

Does the 392 recirculate gas to cool the pump?

Fuel pump stuck in the "On" position?

Disconnect the batteries and hard boot it.

Does the 392 recirculate gas to cool the pump?
The pulsating hum has stopped but while it was on, I didn't get the impression it was coming from the sending unit. It was coming more from the passenger side rear tail light area.

There's a strange pulsating sound, kind of like a humming coming from the rear passenger side wheel well of my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 and I have absolutely no idea what it is. If I could guess, it's coming from about where the EVAP is located and I should note, there is a smell of fuel in the area as well. If it matters, it's been going on for what I think might be about half an hour and if it matters, it's also been stupid hot today, maybe like 115-120 degrees. Check it out...

Any ideas what it might be? 🤪
perfect, I'm in SLC right now, I can swing by, pick it up and drive it around for a bit to troubleshoot it.

I should get back this way around Thanksgiving.

The pulsating hum has stopped but while it was on, I didn't get the impression it was coming from the sending unit. It was coming more from the passenger side rear tail light area.
I am thinking it may be an adult toy that someone has added to the back of your jeep, just like people like to duck jeeps.

Top Bottom