PSA: BFG KO3 tires

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just wanted to throw this out there for all to see. In the last 2 months myself along with other guys at my job have mounted and balanced many sets of BFG KO3’s onto customer vehicles. EVERY set has been a nightmare to balance. Every tire looks like or has a shifted belt, they all take at least 8oz of weight, and many people have come back asking for rebalance or new tires. I would recommend that if you’re looking for a A/T tire for another daily driver or for the jeep that you steer clear of these tires for right now.

I’m still running 37” KO2’s on beadlocks zero weights. Guess I won’t give the KO3’s
A look

Just wanted to throw this out there for all to see. In the last 2 months myself along with other guys at my job have mounted and balanced many sets of BFG KO3’s onto customer vehicles. EVERY set has been a nightmare to balance. Every tire looks like or has a shifted belt, they all take at least 8oz of weight, and many people have come back asking for rebalance or new tires. I would recommend that if you’re looking for a A/T tire for another daily driver or for the jeep that you steer clear of these tires for right now.
I got KO3's for my daughter's JKU, 285 size... I should have looked at what got installed before she left for home.

3 months later she came up for a visit, I look at the tires and they are a load range E1, not the C1 I looked at.

Explains why she said they're not as "cushiony" as the last set - KO2, 285, C1

I've got them down to 30psi and yeah, they have a lot of weight on them

Even the KO2s, I had a couple square ones years ago… wouldn’t balance worth shit. Got a replacement, they balanced it but was square a couple years later… will never buy these shit tires again.

I got KO3's for my daughter's JKU, 285 size... I should have looked at what got installed before she left for home.

3 months later she came up for a visit, I look at the tires and they are a load range E1, not the C1 I looked at.

Explains why she said they're not as "cushiony" as the last set - KO2, 285, C1

I've got them down to 30psi and yeah, they have a lot of weight on them
I would like to add that many of the tires we are doing are at the 285/70r17 size load C and 275/70 like you mentioned.

It sucks cause it doesn’t look like a bad all around road tire and one that would be more on the quiet side.

I have gotten to the point where if it’s not a Nitto it’s not going on my Jeep.

Which A/T and M/T tires are the easiest to balance?

Which A/T and M/T tires are the easiest to balance?
Balanced a set of Toyo open country A/T the other day and the most weight one took was .75oz which is next to nothing. Two tires took zero weight. Nitto and Toyo seem to balance best imo and even the new falken wildpeaks don’t take much weight either from what I have seen.

Even the KO2s, I had a couple square ones years ago… wouldn’t balance worth shit. Got a replacement, they balanced it but was square a couple years later… will never buy these shit tires again.

This has been my experience with sets of KO, KO2, KM, KM2. Some of the 35's were taking 13oz of weight to balance. Never again..

My current 40" Nitto Trail Grapplers with zero weight ride better than any BFG I ever owned.

Nice. I’m about to pull the trigger on the AT/4

Top Bottom